+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Romance dead?

Is Romance dead?

Alot of what used to be considered Romantic seems to be Cheesy now for alot of people... whats the world coming too?
    Is Romance 'Cheesy' now, and to what extent?
    Any opinions would be appreciated, especialy from the girls.

I think that so many people are afraid of real love and commitment... They think that people who are willing to open themselves up to that kind of vulnerability are insane, and pretty much stupid. That's just what I've picked up from it. But I know romance still exists. I see it every day in my relationship, and I'm not ashamed of it.

Is Romance Cheesy? Deep question, but I'd rather try to figure out if with the new fall fashions Pink has become the new green, because my life revolves around stupid questions.

So, is pink the new green?
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Start a new thread MVPlaya

Anyway... I think romance is becoming extinct but not dead yet. People nowadays are living very fast-paced lives and usually do not have the time to do any of that romantic stuff. Also, romantic guys are usually seen as pussies by girls and end up not getting the chick. In the long run, romance disappears. The romantic male lead of old is no longer hot.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    everything is based on sex now. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

...that sucks

Romance is changing. No longer is holding doors open and showing up with a bouquet of roses what is necessary to make a girl "swoon" (figure old school romance, old school vocab).

Not to mention different girls want different "romance". Old fashioned, conservative girls may like opening doors, paying for the bill, etc. Some girls like that "build-a-bear" workshop thing. That could be considered 'new' romance. Some girls think that a playful snowball fight would be romantic. Some girls would opt for a paintball fight. Some girls want tickets to a broadway play. Others to a blink 182 concert.

Just figure out what type of girl a certain person is and don't be afraid to try new things.

Rod Steele

Romance changes with the how the world changes.. I hope that makes sense?

I still think there is romance there. Sure, sex has become a big part, but even in sex there is romance (lighting candles, flower petals on the bed, etc.).

I adore all the old fashioned romance. I still love to get flowers, to have the door opened for me, etc. Plus the little things count too. Such as holding hands, taking a walk in the park, watching the sunset, unexpected kisses or hugs, etc.

Theres so much that has a meaning. I prefer guys that have a romantic side. Romance shows that you care for that person and that the person deserves to feel special.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Yeah, I think that's true. It's not that romance is dead... It's just different than it used to be. Romeo and Juliet wouldn't last ten seconds in the world we live in today. I am a hopeless romantic, but there are so few of us left... It's hard to find anything meant for us anymore.

Ohh god thats a strange feeling...
    I read what Fawn said and my eyes started to water a bit, then I started laughing at myself because of it
    ... I think I must have lost more sleep than I thought over the past week of partys, cos I hardly ever cry, and that was a totaly random time to start.

Well, thanks everyone, its nice to know that is just less common and not completly dead. It could have been better, but this will do.

Actualy, while typing this I realised, that it being more rare might be a good thing, since when you find someone compatable they will be extra special.

Your so sweet Lucid

Romance is a rare thing today. Your right though. Once you find it. It feels like the most incredible feeling imaginable. Its so hard to describe. Showing a side, such as romance, is something to treasure.

Evil School!!
    -Fawn

helpful advice...quick replys...god I love this forum!

hehe... Amen to that!! lol

Evil School!!
    -Fawn

I think romantics are more or less non-existant nowadays though cos it seems that the jocks are getting all the girls and everyone wants to be like them. So romantics just have to wait on the sidelines for the girls to notice us Which is why romance is changing. (But since it changed, isn't the original romance non-existant? That's why I said it's almost extinct)

See here's the thing though. You've got the popular "jock" figures that APPEAR to be getting all the girls... But really there are plenty of girls like me who don't really care for that group. I have always been drawn to what society would label as "nerds" or "fat kids" or "rejects". Mostly because I don't see them that way, and they are the guys that care more about others than themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast