+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me and miss materialistic (Advice needed)

Me and miss materialistic (Advice needed)

Me and my gf has been in relationship for about 4 years during our uni together. After she graduated and starting to work, I feel that she is becoming more and more materialistic. During our uni time, we laughed ourway for being stingy. But now she changes. I know she is much clever than me since I know her, and because of that, her salary is doubled than mine. When we are dating, she always asks to go to the ex restaurant, buy branded stuff. First, I can cope and I am willing to spend as long as she is happy. But now i really couldnt afford her anymore, and i just let her pay for what she bought...and yest we had a fight, saying that I dont love her because i never treat her & her family anymore. I said sorry and promise her that i will treat her better. It is just suddenly I dont know her anymore. I am very scared now that I might lose her if I dont spend on her. I really love her, and i dont want to lose her but I also cant pretending that I can afford her. I really dont know what to do anymore...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Firstly..what a bitch.
    Second, you need to tell her straight that you are not prepared to buy the expensive stuff she wants. If you lose her cause of that, she really doesnt deserve you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

well also, expensive is relative.. so if by double your salary you means shes average and your way below, that could be one thing... but if you mean you racking in 50 k and shes like a doctor or wtv, well then i can agree with you.

You shouldn't have to pay to get affection in return. She is being a bit silly.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

urg!

Men's pride again!

If you cant afford it, say it.

You did buy her stuffs in the past, she thought you've changed. and she might not as materialistic as you think. Try to tell her you dont have that much. Change your behaviour from buy stuffs for her to something that show your affection but not ruin your bank account. (There are a lot)

PS. if she really like you for the money. What more do you have to think about beside dump her?
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

I live on a very tight budget myself as a uni student overseas, but frankly if Im in a pickle I just let my girl know and we cool down on trips/dining out for a while.

She's heading in a direction you don't want to follow. Don't be terrified of losing her- it might be for the best.
    Spammer Spanker

gold digger. is the puss* that good?

This is only going to get worse as time goes on. Either get a better job to buy your happiness, or leave her...SOON. This type of person is dependent and shallow, and will most likely get hysterical at the threat of you leaving, but if she decides to leave you, I don't think you'll stand a chance at stopping her. Make sure you say "I don't like what you've become", that will really put it in perspective for her. Just my take, be her doormat if you want.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 03-12-09 at 09:44 PM.

Yeah don't get sucked into a life of paying for your relationship with her. You'll just have to man up and say "I can't afford to do/pay for that".

thanks guys for the advice...Im kinda feel the courage to tell her straight..