+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will this amazing girl be still waiting when i get home?

Will this amazing girl be still waiting when i get home?

I am a defence member currently deployed in the middle east.
    About 3 weeks before i left i met the girl of my dreams - funny, smart, beautiful, with a smile that makes me melt. I felt such a connection. We went on a few dates, and became sexually very intimate as well. When i left we remained in close contact every day that i could for about 2 months. I sent her flowers and chocolate for her birthday about a week ago, which made her day. At the moment I have about one month left over here - and we have plans to try and pick up where we left off once i get home.

So heres where my issue starts: She is in the second last year of university and has just finished her final exams for the year and has headed to her hometown for the holidays, where she will be working. Since she has been home our conversations haven't been anywhere near as intimate. Often her responses have been short. I struggle to understand why. She says it is because she is tired, but i'm just not so sure. Ive suggested talking just on days when we can both have good conversations, but dont know whether she took this the right way. I feel stronger about her than i have about any woman I have ever met, and it would break my heart for her to lose interest in me only a month before i am due to return.

Do any of you wonderful people out there have any insight for a hopeless romantic?

I wouldn't expect her to be waiting for you when you return. It doesn't sound like you formed enough of a bond before leaving. At least not enough of a bond for her to justify being exclusive with you. She may have already found another guy.

You should also ask yourself if she's really the girl of your dreams, or if you're just latching onto her while you're deployed over seas because you're lonely, and going through a tough time.