+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do? Girl is torn between me and waiting for her ex to come around.

What should I do? Girl is torn between me and waiting for her ex to come around.

Hello, my name's Jason. I'd like to know what you all think would be the best thing to do here.
    Last week I was hanging out at my friends house at like to in the morning, when my friend brought over an acquaintance of mine. We'll call her Steph. Her boyfriend had just dumped her so she came to hang out and feel better. We had hung out before, but that night she seemed extremely attracted to me. Now I had recently gotten out of a disastrous relationship with my ex-fiance in December, but Steph knows my ex. She confirmed my suspicions that I had been cheated on, but I didn't care really anymore. She brought her up because her new ex, had also dated my ex, but he still isn't quite over her. Well Steph got me alone and one thing led to another and she told me she couldn't go any further unless I was looking for a relationship with her, and I was, I am so we did it.
    We've spent the last week together now and have learned a lot about each other. I gotten really attached to her, I really like her, she likes me a lot too. But when her ex dumped her, he didn't give her closure, he said that he might come around in a while, so "we'll see." So she wants to wait for him to say "there's no chance in hell" to start a relationship with me. But at the same time, it's hurting her to wait.
    I've been consoling her about her loss, but she's so torn in between me and waiting for him to change his mind that her heartache is making her cry. Lately she cries when she let's me kiss her, because the way I kiss is so passionate, caressing, she says it's like I'm telling her everytime we kiss that I love her. I can't control my body language that well, it's involuntary, but I do feel myself falling for her, but I don't think she could handle me saying that to her right now.
    I've tried to tell her maybe it would be best if I did go for a while so she can have the time she needs to recover, It's obvious me spending time with her is making it so hard for her. but she tells me that she wants me to stay, that she knows it makes it harder, but at the same time, I make her feel better by being with her.
    Even though it would hurt her and I, should I tell her to get a hold of me when she's ready to make a decision and just leave and wait at least for a few weeks? Or should I continue my presence, I really want to be with her.
    Last edited by Vatermeister; 04-03-10 at 08:05 AM.

You're rebound guy.

You are allowing yourself to be put on the fence. Consoling is one thing, being a back burner guy is another. Have some self respect and either make it official or move on.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Yup. This is classic rebound behavior. She isn't over him yet, and you hooked up with her during her rebound phase. Move along or wait for the pain.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

This is why you avoid girls who have been recently dumped like the plague.
    Spammer Spanker