I met this girl at church and I really liked her. At first she was very nice to me and texting me to ask how I am doing and saying things like "It is so nice to hear from you" when I text her. She however had a boyfriend, so I told her I just wanted to be friends and that I respect their relationship. She said she would like to be friends with me on more than 1 occasion. I bothered her very little, only texting her and emailing her. I did not give her compliments or did anything inappropriate. Then one day she stopped responding to my emails and her boyfriend sent me an email that I must leave her alone. I was angry because I did not do anything inappropriate, I did not even meet her in person. I told him that I was angry with him and with her, because she said they will like to be friends with me. Probably this was a lie. Then I ignored her for weeks, which was hard. I then added her as a friend on facebook and she rejected me. I sent her a message to tell her I am sorry if I made her life difficult and that I hope she can forgave me and speak to me again one day. I did this because I did not know why she rejected me on Facebook.
I think that they recently broke up. I then sent her a text message asking how she is. She ignored me. Then finally I sent her an email to tell her that probably she is ignoring me because she knows I like her and she do not want me to get hope of a relationship. I told her that I understand this and that I cannot control how I feel about her. I said that it will be better if I just leave her alone from now on. This was very difficult for me, and I just wanted her to say something like she understands and thanks for my honesty. But she IGNORED me again. Now I feel like if she thinks that I do not deserve to be on this planet since she do not respect my feelings. I just wanted closure. I did nothing particularly wrong. Now I am angry and it could have been much different. Why did she do this? Does she have issues or is this common?