+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you girls downgrade?

Oops I mean the boyfriend is schizophrenic.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Jayzuz. Maybe she likes projects. Fixer-uppers, you know?

I have to say, the only thing my new husband isn't is taller. He's nicer, better-looking, healthier, more charming and more ambitious than my ex. He doesn't make as much money, but he's more fiscally responsible. His dick is bigger, too.

I can't imagine downgrading.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah see it doesn't sound like you downgraded then.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

No way. That's for young'uns who don't know you can have it all.
    Spammer Spanker

Glad to hear it, Giga. I'm resisting the urge to downgrade myself. I keep telling my self I don't need to settle.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Does anybody else feel that this post is offensive? Now that we humans have opposable thumbs, do we really need to "grade", fellow humans like livestock?

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Does anybody else feel that this post is offensive? Now that we humans have opposable thumbs, do we really need to "grade", fellow humans like livestock?
    Where does it say you have the right not to be offended?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Some of those humans drag those opposable thumbs on the ground along with their knuckles. I have no problem with the concept of perceived gradients of value in partners. People are NOT equal.

I think it's a useful communication tool. I could write up a report card on every man I've ever been involved with and I'm sure you'd get a pretty good idea of what the relationship was like. That's what we're doing here, right? We're talking about relationships.
    Spammer Spanker

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    lol gigabitch, you're always so direct and to the point - love it.

To the OP: you say these girls are in college, so it's possible that they're still exploring the world and figuring out who they are and what they want in life. They might have decided that having someone else keep them accountable for their words/actions wasn't for them, especially when they might just be looking for fun and nothing serious. So, they go to the opposite extreme, someone who will let them do whatever they want. Either they'll end up stuck there or they'll eventually realize the problem lies within.

I would say the idea of 'downgrading' is relative. Good lucks and money only go so far, since good looks fade and money can be gone in an instant. What really matters is personality, how the guy treats the girl (and others), if he's responsible (takes care of himself and her), and if they have similar values/beliefs/goals. For me, I would turn down a hot guy any day for an average guy who really cared about me and treated me well (yet still confident and mature enough to keep me 'in line' so to speak).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We judge things all the time for their perceived value. Food, music, work projects, students work, employees... why on earth wouldn't we judge a potential partner and parent by the strictest criteria?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I personally love me some geeks. Maybe they realize that geeks have their pluses too. It's just that perhaps outward appearance isn't one of those pluses. Some girls need an attractive boyfriend, or one that is successful in certain ways.
    But, sometimes, it's just more fun to have a man that can totally pwn some n00bs and pay attention when you talk to him instead of looking in the mirror and saying how great he is. Not that I think all pretty boys do that, but I've seen my fair share of them.
    Gangway, girls: I'll show you trouble.

Giga, All people ARE equal at birth. It is only after that when the inequalities come into place. And yes, we all judge potential mates, but interaction is to be prefered to "grading", like a side of beef. I'm a individual and follow nobody's standards but my own. I find rating people vulgar.

Rating people can also bring on some lulz. Srsly. Go sit in the food court and watch what people do.

Someone out there will be digging around in his nose thinking no one is looking. Or a woman with fake claw nails will be scratching her ass.
    And you will think to yourself
    "...Humanity is embarrassing as hell."

Quote Originally Posted by kms View Post
    For me, I would turn down a hot guy any day for an average guy who really cared about me and treated me well (yet still confident and mature enough to keep me 'in line' so to speak).
    See but you didn't downgrade there. You merely made a tradeoff. What if you found a guy who..
    really cared about me and treated me well (yet still confident and mature enough to keep me 'in line' so to speak)
    .. and was hot?

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    well, confidence is very attractive, so he would end up being 'hot' in my eyes. So... either way, upgrading or downgrading is all relative. It just depends on what you define as being optimal criteria in a partner.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast