+ Follow This Topic

Thread: asking a girl

asking a girl

hi im not sure how to say this,but is it ok to ask a girl if she thinks you're shy ?? is that something a "guy" whould ask a girl ? thanks

No. The message it sends is you're shy and you have no confidence.

thaks .u may have just saved me.just dont know how to open up to her its so hard.

How do you know her? Any common interests?

Tell us the situation and maybe we can give you a little help starting a conversation?

please read carefuly so u get the whole picture and sory for the big text,the situation is this:

Iv known this girl since we were like 5.Im half greek/english,19 yr old live in Greece...shes 17 yr old and lives in England.
    Every few months she comes here for her hollidays...so iv known her for years but dont see her much.Our friendship got really strong including with my "sister" so every time she came it was always us 'tree' that hanged out and did stuff together..so she became a special person to all of us, as specialy to me.Everybody knows that iv got a soft spot for her exept perhaps her.
    Anyway our friendship was better than ever!!! until one night, on the way back from a wedding we were invited to,she started to sing these greek songs she heard.She just sounded and looked so cute..thats when i realised that i was in love with her.
    The thing is, since that night i became really shy and closed with her...so i started to be less talkative,less fun and couldnt be in the same "room" with her unless there was a third person !!!.....i thought things couldnt get any worse until i could hardly make eye contact with her wich is the most important thing of all.
    The result is that she thinks iv become boring or lazy at the time when im so in love with her ....so as you can see we can hardly communicate....and i feel that iv lost her complitely as a friend!!
    So i knew the only solution was to tell her how i felt even if it meant never seeing her again...it seemed better to tell her than not saying anything at all and beeing considered boring or shy or someone who didnt want to talk to her.Iv allready tried to tell her twice but with no luck because i cant seem to get time alone with her.Next year i will have to join the Greek army for a year wich means i wont see her for like a year,So i promised my self that the next time she comes i wil tell her no matter what.
    YES im scared of rejection but i love her so much and i cant seem to show her it because i cant communicate with her any more........and it hurts.

i hope you can help me thanks. Nick
    Last edited by Nickkal; 08-12-09 at 03:34 AM.

anything guys please????
    Last edited by Nickkal; 11-12-09 at 04:35 AM.

****:-/***

only you can help yourself in this situation dawg especially since you already know you need to grow balls Talk to her go wuth the flow you already know what your are doing dude the army is way more scary then tryin to tell a girl you like her haha

What's problem if a guy is shy don't worry dude sometime shy nature can be good. And girls love these type nature.
    Hugs, Kisses and Love in bottle

since iv been so closed with her for like 2-3 years ,i want to make it up and at least become her friend again ...for a start.do you think it be ok if i send a message to her saying something like:

''''im sory iv been rather closed around you and that i havent spoken lately to u,its just these last two years i havent been my self,i just want u to know that i like you girl more than anyone around here and id like us to hang more...are u cool with this?? """"

Well should i send something like this or not?? whould you guys add anything?? thanks

i wouldnt say "are you cool with this" and honestly that message seems like it hasnt been well thought out. On second thought, kind of hard to fix because the message is kind of insecure, i wouldn't even send that message.

i`d just go with asking her if she would like to hang out more, and that you`d like to get to know her again. thats all. dont ask her if shes ok with that, its a little wierd.
    Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

ye i guess it is weird....i just thought it was a good way to explain to her why iv been closed with her lately and i just wanted to make things right again,but i guess i cant restore a friendship with one message..