+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If a Guy Wants to Date Your Friend...

If a Guy Wants to Date Your Friend...

So, you recently introduce a male friend of yours to one of the best friends you've had since high school. They hit it off one night at a party. One of your male friend's buddies asks you about your good friend and says your male friend is very interested. He wonders if you'd be willing to help him out.
    I have the following questions. Keep in mind, you're friends with both parties but much closer to the female:

-Seriously ladies, what goes through your mind when something like this happens? How do you feel?
    -Do you mind such requests?
    -Do you tell your female friend that a guy is interested or do you just let him do that himself and see what happens?
    -If he wants you to talk him up do you do so? How exactly do you talk him up? Do you just say he's a nice guy and hope for the best?
    -Would you lie to your male friend and give him false hope?
    -Does it bother you when guys do stuff like this?
    -Does it bother you if the guy keeps asking about her or keeps giving updates on the situation?
    -Do you ever feel like you're betraying your female friend's trust if you don't tell her the guy is interested?
    -Do you ever fear like you're betraying your male friend's trust if you don't tell him EXACTLY how your friend feels about him?

I know none of these have cut and dry answers I just want as many opinions as possible. You don't have to answer every single question either. Just give me a general opinion.
    Last edited by Blakimus; 17-12-09 at 09:11 AM.

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You could just to try to feel it out what she thinks about him. Bring up the party casually and ask her if she had a good time, say 'yeah I saw you talking to X - how was that?' See how she responds. If she responds positively, then you could tell her what his friend said and go from there. If you can't read her response, or her response is negative, get back to the friend and just say you really don't know how she feels and you don't want to be involved.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I mean I'd be like omg, someone's taking an interest in her! she's gonna be so happy!

But meh, if i know the guys a jerk or something then i'd think twice about telling her. If he was really nice i'd be like "go onnn, do it ;D" but yeah. i dont have many guy friends. and the guy friends i do have are really sweet. so i wouldnt mind introducing them.

But if a random guy asked me then I'd be like "do it yourself, you have balls- show her you're a man." I know that's mean! But i am not introducing my friend to a complete random.

I hope this helped... And really. i think the guy should do it himself, though i probably wouldnt say that if it was my friend. have some guts to talk to her. she'd be flattered.

You raise a very good point. I plan on doing most of this myself I just think if someone she trusts can really vouch for me it would help me out. I have talked to my friend about this. She did she say'd she help however way possible. I was just curious as to what someone really means when they say that.