+ Follow This Topic

Thread: meeting people on the net

meeting people on the net

Hi guys ,

Thought i would post a topic and get other peoples HONEST opinion on situation i have found myself in.

first a bit of background ,

Im 28 years old , i met my first and only ever girlfriend when i was 16 , we split up when i was 26 , in the 10 years we were together we had 2 children ( now 7 and 4 yrs old ) and a mortgage, alot for a young couple and in the end we broke up for a number of reasons ,

It took me a long time to get over it , i really did love her so much.

anyway its been 2 years since we split up and in that time i have done everything my mates were doing when i was in my late teens , early 20's. Even a lads holiday to ibiza.

Recently ( last 6 months ) i have been thinking i may like to meet someone again and settle down etc etc ,

One day i looked at my facebook and a girl had added me, we started talking on msn and havent looked back , id say for the last 6-8 weeks we have spoke on the net every igle night , now your probs thinking why we havent met up etc if we speak so often , the reason for this is because she is in mexico

Like i said we speak on the video phone service via msn every night , for hours , and i have starte gettin strong feelings again like i havent felt for a long time ,

but because she is over there and im here in the uk , im affraid to go mad because she is just so far away ,
    im convienced that if we were together we would fall in love , cant explain why , there is just something there .

but my frustraition is i only ever lved one girl , i have waited 2 years to have feelings for someone again and she is in mexico.
    im so scared of being hurt again , my world fell apart when i split up with my ex , and i dont want to feel 1% of that again ,

She is planning to come here in april and i said i would try and go there in july , but what after that ??

im at the point where im thinking it will never work and telling her we cant speak anymore because im just gonna get hurt and need to get her out of my head !!!!!!!!

please any advice is great , i think if i told friends i was falling for a mexican i met on the net , i would be a laughing stock

You began communicating 6-8 weeks ago, and are already formulating plans to meet halfway across the world?

yes , she was allways coming to the uk in april anyway !!!!! and i was planning a holiday to cancun !!! which just happens to be coincadence ,

should have explained that a little beter

If you're willing to deal with the possibilities that may ensue with this meeting, go ahead.

You might want to ask yourself how you two are going to cope with attraction being there, should it arise in person. And if it's strong, how you're going to maintain a long distance relationship, along with asking yourself if that's something you can deal with/will your wishes be met that way. My suggestion is if the meeting follows through, a few months prior, you should ask her these questions yourself. Get a feel for what she is willing to do, and if a long distance relationship is something she would be open to.

It would be a heck of a lot simpler if nothing comes of the initial meeting. Of course that would lead to disappointment.

i agree,

i think what m afraid of , is if the meeting goes well, i dont know if i can handle being so far away, if things go to the point of a relationship i couldnt move ther because of my children ,

so should i break off contact now , to save much more disapointment down the line