+ Follow This Topic

Thread: huge age difference plus awkwardness?

huge age difference plus awkwardness?

hi all - let me begin by saying that its my first post here and i am very looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship between me and this forum!
    ok so my problem -

i am a junior in highschool. i live in france and have done so for the last year and a half. this place is totally awesome, but its not without its 'temptations'. to cut a long story short, i became a sex addict and my only priority in life was to satisfy my junk.

this continued on till the start of this school year in September. There were lots of new people and new faces to talk to. I made a lot of new friends but with one girl, there was chemistry from the very beginning. Her name's lily. So basically we get along really well and we talk a lot and there's a connection between us - i know that she probably feels something for me too as there are a lot of awkward moments ie. when practicing the traditional french greeting of cheek kissing or lets say when i ask her what she thinks of the boys in her class. Truthfully i have had a crush on her from the very first day i met her.

lately it has just been getting more and more intense and well the day before christmas before saying bye we just exchanged this look that was very intense and rather painful [while still carefully avoiding the *traditional* french greeting]

so anyway now the problem - i really want to ask her out but i have no idea how - anyone got any suggestions?

now the 2nd problem - i am 16 and she's 13 [and to top it all off i am nearly 17]. i know that this is really weird but really when i am with her i just have no sick thoughts at all and honestly i just love being with her and i just enjoy her company [and the fact that she's very pretty doesn't hurt too lol i guess]. so anyway i know the world is going to be against us so can someone give me ideas as to what i can do? she has just changed me so much now even when i look at a hot woman it just feels weird and i ask myself *what the hell am i doing?*. so any opinions guys about whether i should just forget this and move on or i should do what my heart tells me to do?

Greetings! I know it sounds like a huge age difference right now, but once you are out of highschool it is not much of a difference at all. You are both going through alot of changes, mentally and physically so it's a complicated time for both of you.

Honestly I would say if it feels right to talk to her about it go ahead and talk to her about it. It sounds like there is a good chemistry between you two. But I would have to agree with sarwatmj, when I say take the physical part of the relationship very slow!