+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will it ever work out?

Will it ever work out?

Ok so me and my girlfriend (ex) were going out for 1 year and 6 months. She was talking to me on facebook and she didnt seem the same. She said she wasnt happy anymore, so i told her i would go over her house to talk. She basically told me that she just didnt want to be in a relationship anymore, but still said she loved me, just not the same. She said she wants to still be friends, but i dont know how that will work.

I started calling and texting her the next day and she said that she didnt want to talk to me for a while and to just "give her space."

4 days later called her house and cell phone and there was no reply, so stupid me just drove to her house and talked to her. surprisingly she said that she wasnt mad at me and we talked for a little over and hour. she laughed and seemed fine. i almost thought that we could work things out and i hugged her and said i love you to her when i left and she said that she feels that i think that we are still in a relationship and she doesnt feel that way anymore. I tried calling her the next day and no answer.

She hasnt talked to me in 3 days now but still wants to exchange gifts on christmas eve because we already bought them for each other.

Should i just try to move on or will she change her mind after her "break" and after i give her space?

Walk away. Don't bother trying to be friends, she'll likely emotionally drain you while screwing around with other guys. She told you she isn't in love with you anymore (reading between the lines, that's exactly what she said) and doesn't want a relationship.

Most people would agree that you can't be friends after a relationship of that length ends; she broke it off with you, give her Christmas gift to someone else or return it.

She's trying to set up a play where she gets all the emotional support your relationship offered while strange guys put their penises in her. Don't be a chump.

Move on. This isn't a "break". It's over.
    Spammer Spanker

Hi man, i'm going through what you're going through so i know the pain you are feeling. Spoke to my ex today and turns out she slept with someone 2 days after we broke up. She has been brutally cruel in many ways and all i can tell you is to let the bitches go and see what the world is like without someone who would do anything for them. Im sorry man.

UPDATE: ok so me and my ex talked for about an hour last night. She told me that she still cares for me as a friend and doesnt want me to completely leave her life. I dont know what to do. I love the girl so much and dont want to just leave her forever, but i dont know if i can just be her friend and watch the next guy come along and date her. We are going to see each other on Christmas Eve, which is going to be awkward as hell. what should i do??

Quote Originally Posted by w3llborn View Post
    She told me that she still cares for me as a friend and doesnt want me to completely leave her life.
    Don't let her do this to you, leave her alone and I promise you if you stand your ground and be a man, she'll eventually miss you and will contact you again.

Told you what you should do already, your update doesn't change things.

She broke up with you. If you keep hanging around as her "friend", you're heart just isn't going to heal properly and you're self esteem will turn to absolute shit.

She is NOT your friend. She is your ex. Avoid her.
    Spammer Spanker

By keeping you on a hook she gets your love and emotional support and you get what exactly? You get crushed all over again when someone else comes along, be very careful, your an easy mark for her because of how you feel. Even if you ever did sleep together again, she'd be off and running soon as someone else she does love "in that way" comes along.

Stay well away from her, she feeling down and lonely and using you as the comfort guy. You want more than "friends" she doesnt, she likes your support and caring and fussing about her, dont get played by her. Guessing as an Ex she knows how you feel, give your gift to someone else. Move on.

man let it go, you're such an easy target, she is using you for comfort or a fall back. She broke up with you, your bond can't be strong enough if you really needed a break up. Its just gna happen all over again if both of you were to get back together.

if anything, atleast stand your ground!!! i know the thought of another dbag in her life sucks, but forget about it, would you really wanna go back to someone who treats you that way. the faster you learn to let go, the faster you will get over it.

i totally agree with what everyone has told you already...let it go man!! i know it sucks and hurts and all the crap that goes along with a breakup but like crispyysoup said the quicker you let her go the quicker you can move on...i also agree that you can't be "friends" after a breakup just causes more heartache and problems..i have absolutely no desire to be friends with a girl after a relationship...why,so she can tell you whats going on in her new one??!! thanks but no thanks!!! anyway man good luck and stand your ground!!

UPDATE: so today i found out that my girlfriend was wanting to break up with me a month or so before she finally did it. just found out today that she is now going out with a co-worker who works with her at cvs, is 30 (girlfriend 21) weighs almost 300 lbs, lives in his moms basement and smokes pot. how could this happen?? i find this soo funny. my gf is skinny, and not bad looking. i find it funny how she would downgrade so much from me to him!! i have lost all respect for her and dont give a shit anymore. thanks everyone for your replies, you were right, screw her, im moving on. i just think the whole think is humerous now honestly

Quote Originally Posted by w3llborn View Post
    she is now going out with a co-worker who works with her at cvs, is 30 (girlfriend 21) weighs almost 300 lbs, lives in his moms basement and smokes pot.
    I would totally say that to her face and laugh hard while walking away. hahaha
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 24-12-09 at 11:24 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I would totally say that to her face and laugh hard while walking away. hahaha
    hahahahah that is exactly what i am going to do. she is so dumb. im going to college to become a state trooper and have a good career and im a really nice guy and she ****ing lost it hahahah what a dumb bitch!!!

is 30 (girlfriend 21) weighs almost 300 lbs, lives in his moms basement and smokes pot.
    Crazy how that happens. She's rebounding right now, and may not be looking for anything physical from that guy.. She's just looking to have some fun right now to take her mind off of things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast