+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so confused and hurt at the same time.. What's going on with him??

so confused and hurt at the same time.. What's going on with him??

My fiance and I have been together for 8 years. We have recently rented an Acreage which we have been on for about 2 months now.

I have a problem though. Christmas Day he was good, being his normal "lovey dovey" self, he left for Skiidooing after supper, gave me a big hug and kiss, said "I love you" and stuff before he left.

Saturday night he starts texting me asking what happened to us and telling me that he just wants his old life back.

I don't know waht to think of this. He won't talk to me on the phone. He is due back tomorrow. Nothing has changed between us since we have gotten this acreage. We lived in his parents basement for a couple years before this so it isn't the first time we have lived together.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I sent him a text saying "so what's happening with us?. We have this house until May. From what I graspe you don't want to be with me anymore. What I don't understand is why one day you are telling me you love me and the next it's that you don't want to be with me anymore" He hasn't responded to that. He just kind of went quiet after that.

I am so confused. I am sitting here "stessed to the nuts" so to speak right now.

Is this just a mood he is in? He has never been fond of Christmas. But again, I just dont understand how a man can tell me he loves me one day and even on the phone that night then switch to the complete opposite 24 hours later? Help?!? I am going to go crazy.

Think back, did you say something to piss him off at all? something small? Like "Don't go on that stupid trip tomorrow" ?
    "You are a reflection of your friends (and lovers)"

Hmmm, seems kind of abrupt. There must be a missing piece to this puzzle. Agreed with the above post. We're you guys arguing before he planned to go on this trip?

Hmmm did he explain what he meant by his 'old life'?!! Maybe he is starting to feel old and maybe he thinks your relationship is stagnating. But it is very hard to say on such limited info...

I hate when men pull that BS. Sounds like he wants a change "my old life back" his restless tired of things the way they are and wishing they were how they was before but before what, maybe when he was younger or before he met you ,sorry maybe before you got engaged, but we could do this all night you need to talk to him and don't let him get out of it, stop texting you need to talk to him, if he won't answer his phone findout where he is and go and see him. He has no excuse for just ignoring after sending you those texts, especially if he wants to end it, you've been together a long time 8 years and he still hasn't learnt to use his word or is going to end things with a bunch of texts?