+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me? Im getting mixed messages.

Does she like me? Im getting mixed messages.

So Im in college right now, graduating in May and there is this girl who Ive been acquaintances with for a little over a year. Were friends now but I say we were acquaintances because we aways had the same friends and saw each other out a lot but thats all it was. Anyways, were both from the same city and just before our Christmas break, she walks up to me at a party and is like "hey, we should hang out during break when we both get back in town!" It caught me off guard because like I said, we were only acquaintances. Also, I dont ever think I told her where I was from, but maybe I did and just forgot about it.

All I really know about her is that she broke up with her bf of 5 years just a year ago. She said he took for granted the things she did for him and whatnot but thats kind of irrelevant. Anyways, I get her number and we send a few texts back and forth for a couple days. She invites me over text to pregame with her and a few people, so I sent a text back saying ill be over there in a little. She texts me back saying "sounds good " with the smiley face and all. So Im thinking shes into me, but when I get over there shes all over this other guy and didnt really say much to me while I was there. I was a little disappointed cause shes a really cute girl and cool too. So I thought oh well, on to the next one.

During all that texting back and forth I told her about this bar downtown from where we are that I really like. Anyways, a couple days after that pregame things, she went home for Christmas break. I decided to stay a week later. She texted me one or two times wondering when Im going to be home, and I told her my ride is leaving this coming Thursday. Well she texts me Thursday during the day, asking what Im doing that night. My ride however decided to leave Friday instead so I told her I wasnt going to be home. She expressed disappointment and told me that they were going to that bar I liked and wanted to see if I wanted to come. Well I wasnt going to be in town but my family has always made a tradition of going to see Santa at a local mall. Its usually a lot of fun so I asked her if she wanted to come. She seemed interested but said it was a family thing and that shed let me have my family time? I an understand that and it was kind of a half hearted invitation anyways.

The following Wed. I texted her saying we were going to be down to that bar I liked and that she should come. She agreed and we met up there that night. We both came with our respective friends but broke off with them and went off with each other. The whole time were chatting it up and Im starting to feel like were both hitting it off. We ask about each others past relationships and even about that guy she was all over the other night. She tells me that hes just a friend and theres nothing really there between them. Im starting to feel like theres something between us again so I decide to ask her to dinner on New Years with a few other people. She tells me that she had already told her friends that shed go out with them but she doesnt know what theyre doing and is open to the idea. Once again, Im a little disappointed but didnt take that as a complete "no" so I was like alright well we are still unsure of where were going to dinner and everything so Ill call you once we figure out and see whats up. The bar ends up closing though so I give her a hug goodbye and tell her Id call her.

The next day was Christmas Eve. Im sitting there at night wrapping presents for the family and I get a text from her saying "merry christmas eve." I didnt think much of it until I realized that most people only send texts to their closer friends on Christmas day and here I am getting one from this girl on Christmas Eve. Maybe thats just me trying to find an angle to convince myself that shes into me but who knows.

I call her the next day on Christmas day. She didnt answer at first but called me back a couple hours later. I asked her if she figured out what shes doing on New Years, and she said she still doesnt know. I tell her we got the dinner plans figured out and ask her again if she wants to come. She tells me she will let me know in a couple days. Well its about to be New Years Eve tomorrow and I still havent heard back from her about it, which is pretty disappinting but oh well. The weird thing about it though is that she hit me up last night trying to come out with a few of us. I didnt get the text until it was too late so never met up with her.

Anyways, sorry for the long post but here I am now wondering what is up with this girl? New Years Eve is coming up tomorrow and I dont think shes going to hit me up about it anytime soon so I already chalked that one up as a loss. It kinda urks me too that she didnt even let me know about it or tells me what shes doing instead. Should I persue this at all or is she just trying to be friends? Im confused because I thought she was into me but I am a little rusty on this whole thing so maybe you cann help me out.

The only thing I can think of is that when she was with her boyfriend, she always hung out with him (Im assuming) and didnt have all that many friends back home (although she did show up to the bar with 2 or 3 other friends). So now she wants to start meeting new people? I dont want to be just friends though. Help me out here ha.

bump.

help anyone?

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Sounds like she likes the attention and probably has other guys in the same position you are (such as the guy she was making out with). I say that because she makes you feel good when you're together, but ignores you most of the time and is trying pretty hard to keep you at a distance. And then she'll throw you a bone every once in a while to keep you interested. If she was truly interested in you, she'd not only take you up on group plans, she'd want to do something together with you alone so that you could talk and get to know each other better. But, it just sounds like she's 'playing the field' and wanted to add you to her list.

Yeahh thats kinda what I was thinking unforunately. Is there anyway I can play my hand so that we can get her out of the "field" and more on like a one on one type thing? Or should I just throw in the flag and move on?

Move on.

Asking, "What can I do to get her to like me?" in this situation will only make things worse. Chances are that the answer is "nothing" because she doesn't like you.