+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So easily replaced?

So easily replaced?

How can the girl I've loved for 5 years just get over me? I don't yet understand how I was so easily replaced? Is there anything I can do to make her think about me? Should I just stay clear and suck it up, cause I'm finding it really hard right now..

So confused...???

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes it`s possible my friend. People split up even after 20 years... You`ll be fine ,eventually ,belive me. Everbody is. Here is a good place to talk it out. Good luck
    I wazzzz here

I replaced my girlfriend of nearly 4 years but it wasn't easy for me to do but it was the best decision I've ever made, I know it's hard but you will beat it.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At best... Stop to be sorry for Yourself. And of course, NC - no contact Rule. Amen

This thread is also very helpfull:

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/35956-post-here-instead-contacting-your-ex.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/35956-post-here-instead-contacting-your-ex.html[/URL]
    I wazzzz here

Honestly she may have gotten over you long before your physical split. Once you two were officially "over", it was no biggie to move onto someone else. Your situation seems all too common if you read through the forums here.

You should definitely back off. The sooner you accept that it's over, the better off you'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Honestly she may have gotten over you long before your physical split. Once you two were officially "over", it was no biggie to move onto someone else. Your situation seems all too common if you read through the forums here.

You should definitely back off. The sooner you accept that it's over, the better off you'll be.
    yea, thats the thing. it may seem like a shock to you, but honestly, she probably was thinking about it for a while. i asked my ex how long and she said a couple of months. that is why it seems such a shock to you that she could move on so quickly. and i agree, contacting her will only make things worst. in my situation, i just wish i picked up on the little signs months ago.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I got a text from her this morning saying that she wants to talk, now I got my hopes up at first but to keep me calm I thought of all the bad things it could be.

How should I take this? Should I continue the NC rule in case it's bad, cause if its bad I really don't want to hear it.

You're already broken up.. how bad could it be? Regardless, I wouldn't respond to her. That's just me. I'm not running to the phone like I desperately want to talk to her.
    Last edited by shheadz; 31-12-09 at 11:52 PM.

It could be bad in the since that she might be telling me she is with someone now cause she loves to see me suffer recently? Tell me something that will break my heart even more.

I don't even know her anymore. She wouldn't ever try to hurt me like shes been doing lately.

Hate to nag and go on but like it took like 2 weeks for our relationship to be destroyed. I want to talk to her almost for closure, but I don't want closure but I want whats best for her.. Just hurts me that it might not be me..

Then send her a simple text.. "Talk about what?"

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Then send her a simple text.. "Talk about what?"
    Lol you just made me realize how foolish I'm being lol. Over thinking the simple things..

bro...move on man its the best thing for you...its time for you to be selfish and think about what you want and what you need to do in order to move on...you know damn well talking to her won't solve anything..go ahead and be EMO and think about her that's natural but by the end of the day you going to have to move on man lifes move on with you or without you.

I was in your shoes 3 years ago. You want her back but imagine if she did come back...

Could you be with her again knowing that she was with some other guy. Could it all start over like before.
    Something is destroyed.

No going back I am afraid. And always the suspicion that she could do it again...

Sorry to be so gloomy but this is how I felt at the time.
    Thank god life goes on. After this you'll never love again the same way. But it's part of growing up.
    I like the term you used: 'replaced' because I used exactly the same....

That's one major thing that helped me move on after a breakup that shocked me --- things between us had changed so even if he did show up at my door saying he made a mistake, there would be no 'going back' to how it used to be. That was a big thing for me to realize. It would not have been exactly like it was in the past, that would not even be possible. Even if you tried to move past it, there may always be a voice inside your head doubting and wondering if it could happen again and I don't think that's a good way to carry on in a relationship at all. Moving on with that knowledge is best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast