+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless. Pbbt.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Homeless. Pbbt.

I just threw a homeless woman out of my office and into the cold and the snow.

She didn't want to go to a shelter. I would have covered her taxi. My coworkers offered to chip in and give her some money. I told them no. She can have a lift to a shelter or someone can go out and buy her something to eat, but nobody's giving her any goddamn money so she can buy a ****ing crack rock.

Soon as she cleared the door she turned and walked into another building to tug at still more heart strings. Lady probably has more spending money than I do.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

My brother told me about people playing as homeless people and that's how they stay rich in Georgia.

They stand on the side of the road with the typical signs "will work for food" or whatever and then drive home in their BMW. LOL!
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Why exactly did you feel the need to share that you're a heartless prick?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To prove a point.

People like you would fuel that sort of behavior. I try to do something to help and I'm the prick. You just give her money for drugs and booze and walk away thinking you're some kind of good guy.
    Last edited by Gribble; 02-01-10 at 05:29 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Honestly I dont help any homeless people. They all spend it on cigarettes and beer and then lie about it. The **** am I supporting that shit for?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

People like you would fuel that sort of behavior. I try to do something to help and I'm the prick. You just give her money for drugs and booze and walk away thinking you're some kind of good guy.
    I wouldn't have given her any money either, but I also wouldn't go around bragging about it. It's like you're banging on your chest, and trying to sound macho.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's called disgust; contempt for the leeches and those who freely bare their throats. If that makes me a prick I wear it as a badge of honor.
    Last edited by Gribble; 02-01-10 at 05:47 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know how it is in other states, but in California, a huge number of homeless people are schizophrenics in need of treatment. Their drug addictions/alcoholism are secondary to their attempts to "medicate" themselves to the point where they don't hear the voices.

I never give them cash either, but I admit that I feel awful about it.
    Last edited by vashti; 02-01-10 at 08:02 AM.

In Australia (and UK apparently) there is a magazine sold by homeless people. Half of the profit goes to the publishers and the other half to the vendor selling it on the streets. I always buy it to reward the effort they take to help themselves out and dig themselves from the hole they are in. The magazine is full of true stories of how regular people become homeless. Weather it entire family being hit by a car or their house burning down that wasn't insured, it makes it a lot easier to understand how quickly a person can become just like them given a certain situation and how different the world looks from that other side of the fence. They are not all drug addicts spending everything they get on the next hit.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If you hadn't noticed the US had just come out of a depression and has 10% unemployment.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you hand money to the homeless?

Buying a newspaper is one thing. Slipping a fiver in some panhandler's cup isn't just stupid, it's disgraceful. Buy him a meal. Send him to a charitable organization. Whatever. Just don't be a naive wannabe hero and contribute blindly to the problem.
    Last edited by Gribble; 02-01-10 at 06:31 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Do you hand money to the homeless?
    Nope, but then again Australia is not exactly the USA in terms of homelessness and poverty. I don't start threads to brag about how I kicked out a desperate women amidst the most serious economic crisis in my lifetime.

Just don't be a naive wannabe hero and contribute blindly to the problem.
    That's fine. I just personally don't believe in punishing everyone in a group because of a few bad apples. Is it really that big of a deal if some homeless use that $5 to buy crack, if at least one of them is using it to buy a meal for their family living in the car?

LOL 'contribute blindly to the problem' yes gribble, people want to be homeless so they can get free money from kind giving people like yourself !

Sleeping on the streets is so much better than my nice warm bed ! And sitting around in my own piss all day is so much better than going to my nice interesting job ! How blind I have been.

Thank you for opening my eyes !

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    That's fine. I just personally don't believe in punishing everyone in a group because of a few bad apples. Is it really that big of a deal if some homeless use that $5 to buy crack, if at least one of them is using it to buy a meal for their family living in the car?
    Crack only costs $5 didn't you know ?

More likely the waitress you tip 20% is the one of crack...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast