+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earrings in "Older" Men?

Earrings in "Older" Men?

I'm 33 now, and both of my ears are pierced (And my lip too). I haven't worn anything in them for 8 years. Whenever I see a guy that's 35+ with a loop in his ear.. blah.. just looks like someone trying to be younger than they are.

So the question: How old is too old for a man to wear earring(s)? And what style looks the most attractive in a 30+? I was thinking about plugs like [url]http://tinyurl.com/yz3dsl6[/url] (Only smaller). But I'm sure anything understated would look ok.

It depends on what you look like. I don't find loop earrings attractive on any male. Studs are okay and not the big ones because they just make your earlobes sag and look fake.

Your selling yourself out when you start caring about what other people think of you

I have long hair, wear the clothes I like, and I'm very interested in getting a tattoo.

I don't care what others think of me. Neither should you. If it makes you feel good or you like it: wear it

sofar my $0,02
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

I don't care what others think of me. Neither should you. If it makes you feel good or you like it: wear it
    Haha.. dude.. you're so right.

they just make your earlobes sag and look fake
    Yeah, that's the thing. Plugs are more of a lifestyle choice like a tattoo. Cause once you stretch your ears out.. that's it. You're stuck that way.

I don't like to see older men with earrings. IMO, they look as if they are trying a bit too hard... but I am a bit conservative so my opinion should not be noteworthy.

Tattoos and piercings are hot. Plugs? Not so much. I think it's the stretched out ears that's a turn off for me.

Also they're really not mainstream enough to be able to squeak by with them in a corporate setting. Tattoos you can cover, and piercings you can remove, but you can't really do anything about stretched out ears.

If you're having such reservations about them that you need to ask advice, it's probably a good idea not to get those.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

If you're having such reservations about them that you need to ask advice, it's probably a good idea not to get those.
    Oh, I'm not worried about the plugs. That's just an idea I'm tossing around. I'm more curious about the social stigma of older guys with earrings, and whether older women find them attractive.

Gah.. I hate to call 30+ "older", but you get the idea.

What gage are you aiming for? If you stretch slowly and don't go to high your lobes can shrink back.

I go to a 4g from time to time, and the holes look perfectly normal within a week of me removing them.

I'm in my early 30s, as are the guys I date, and I like subtle body mods. Something about a single facial peircing on a classily dressed guy is incredibly hot. Well in my eyes anyway.

I go to a 4g from time to time, and the holes look perfectly normal within a week of me removing them.
    That's good to know! My grandmother would disown me if she knew I had my ears pierced. Right now you can't tell, but figured it would be pretty hard to hide with big holes in my ears.. haha

Something about a single facial peircing on a classily dressed guy is incredibly hot. Well in my eyes anyway.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going for. Thanks for the encouragement.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Plugs are disgusting. Sorry, it's true.

Earrings can only be worn by a certain type without looking like a wannabe loser. Most (but not all) adult men with piercings look like they are having a mid life crisis.

i don't like plugs, tattoos, piercings. none of that.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i don't like plugs, tattoos, piercings. none of that.
    Personally I think tattoos and piercings on women are pretty damn hot.

I like subtle piercings and tattoos. Any guy that has a tribal emblazoned on his arm looks like he's trying to hard. Most of them end up hating those types of tattoos and wish they'd never gotten them.

I have both my tragus pierced and I love them. Not too much or too little. I also have 2 lobe piercings in each ear. I don't need much more than that.

I've always noticed how hot a labret piercing is on a guy. Especially if he's well-dressed. I wouldn't want my current guy to get one though. His face is so gorgeous already that I feel like a piercing would detract from it.

Any guy that has a tribal emblazoned on his arm looks like he's trying to hard. Most of them end up hating those types of tattoos and wish they'd never gotten them.
    Totally! *whistles innocently*

Haha. Do you hate your tribal? I'm sure there are guys that like them, but they look silly to me. Especially because most of them are white dudes. It's cool if you have one and like it though. In the end, a guy's personality usually wins me over, bad tattoos or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast