+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't love her anymore =(

I don't love her anymore =(

Well, the title is self explanatory. I am currently dating my girlfriend and we have been together for 8 months and running, and I already feel tired.

Well, she is my first serious girlfriend and I do treasure her alot. But as time passes, I don't know, I find that we are both worlds apart. The first issue was marriage. I know its kinda of early to talk about such stuff now but yeah, at first she said that maybe we should not marry and live just apart....and it really puts me off. Then there is the issue of not having any children too. Secondly, she is more of the girl that likes to stay at home while I am the sorts that like to go out. Recently, I have been encouraging her to take overseas trip with me in the future but she firmly rejected me. And well, there are still many stuff about her that i hate!

I just do not know how....she loves me too much and I feel very guilty about ending the relationship. But I have been a jerk myself too. Not really putting much effort into the relationship these days as I just feel there is no more romance. I really need some advice.

Lets start here: what do you want, exactly?
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Well, you need to take all of this you just told us to her. Yeah, I understand you care for her and dont want to hurt her, but if you continue in a relationship that YOU are not into then thats a serious problem. Atleast you both know what you want and you realize that you guys arent as compatible as you thought. This problem should be confronted sooner rather than later.

Building a dysfunctional relationship (yes, it is dysfunctional if it is something that you do not want) is pretty much on par with ending a relationship. It's always good to review its status and you seem to have reached the conclusion that she's not for you.

Frankly, I've been dating my girlfriend for a year now and am a bit in that situation as well - the girl is great,there are some issues that bother me, and I am considering whether to keep it up or start to back off.

It seems like you guys just aren't compatible. They say opposites attract but that doesn't seem to be working for you in your situation. I think you should end it sooner rather than later. The longer you wait the harder it will be and the more you will hurt her in the end.

It`s your first girlfriend and you want to marry her????

Where`s the fire? Calm down , breath slowly , rethink everything , write on a paper things you like about her and things you don`t then think it over again something like pros and cons...

About the love you were talking about where that shows up?
    she sits at home when you go out and she doesnt want to do activities with you ...
    I`m speechless what is connecting you besides passion??? answer that to yourself
    hope it helps

I agree that it seems now is the time when you need to take inventory of your situation. You've found out some key details that make you guys very incompatible. If she adamantly rejected traveling with you, it's not likely she's going to change her mind about it (at least not any time soon).

Staying with someone you no longer have feelings for is only going to breed resentment between you two. You will grow to resent her for the lack of passion in your relationship, and she will resent you for being distant. Best to end things before it gets very ugly.