+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel normal 99% of the time but sometimes I just go crazy

I feel normal 99% of the time but sometimes I just go crazy

I haven't had a real girlfriend for a good 2 years. Been on a date or two, but never made it past the second date with any girl for one reason or another. It's been hard getting over my ex.

However, for the first time, I've really started to like a new girl. Everything has been great....we've gotten along really well and have tons of fun together. We hung out quite a bit for about 3 weeks, but the last 3 weeks she's been out of town a lot. First she left for 2 weeks....we texted each other a few times and talked once. It would kind of aggravate me a bit because I would text her and not hear back for a day or two, then all of a sudden she would text me back. Almost every time I would feel like I'd said something wrong and she'd leave me hanging, then she would come out of nowhere and say something really sweet.

Then she came back for a few days, we hung out and had probably easily the best date we've had. Laughs, jokes, smiles, all around good feeling....it was great.

Then she left last Thursday again for another 5 days to be with some old friends. We texted a bit on Friday, she was sweet and cute as usual. Then Sunday I called her and texted her, didn't hear back. Monday she calls me and asks me how everything is....since it's her last night there she is going for dinner and drinks with her old boss. I'm like great, well have fun, call me when you get back tomorrow night. She says ok sounds good.

Then I start to think....is she on a date with this guy? I don't even know if it's a guy or girl, but again I don't want to call back or text and ask out of fear of sounding jealous. I let it go....

Then tonight she doesn't call me even though she said she would, so I text her and say "Hey there, are you home safe? Here's an interesting proposition; I wanna see you soon". She texts me back a couple hours later, "Hey! Yes I am home and safe!" But says nothing about wanting to hang out.

Now silly me, and I know this is stupid, I've been tossing and turning for like 4 hours trying to deduct so many things that are going on. And I really probably have absolutely nothing to worry about. But I just have this FEELING that things have changed somehow, and it's so stupid. Just this FEELING. And I feel like I'm crazy because I don't have much reason to feel this way at all....just the fact that she MIGHT have gone on a date with some guy....she didn't call me like she said she would even though she texted me back....and she didn't say anything about wanting to hang out even though I did.

Anyway....it's just annoying the hell out of me. I hate how most of the time I feel like a perfectly normal human being and then all of a sudden these crazy feelings start to come out over something so stupid. It only happens every once in a while, but when it does, it's bad. Women drive me crazy.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking....does this mean that I really like her??? Because I think I do....I think I should ask her to be my girlfriend. She's got me hanging by a thread sometimes with the way she'll kind of ignore me and then come back out of nowhere with something sweet. It's driving me crazy. I just need to know if she's really into it or not, right???

Thanks for listening....maybe someone can help me out on what to do. I think first and foremost y'all will say stop overthinking. But it's hard....so should I just come clean with her, tell her my feelings, and see if she wants to make this an exclusive relationship?

I'm not real sure what you're asking either, but I have a couple thoughts. The "feeling" you're getting is your gut, and generally you should listen to your gut. If your gut is telling you something is wrong, then there's probably something wrong.

I think something is wrong. I don't know anyone that takes days to text me back. This is 2010. Everyone I know has their cell phone permanently attached to their bodies.

I could go on, but in a nutshell I think you're wasting your time with that woman. Even if she likes you, she has a busy life, and isn't going to be around the way you'd like.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    One question... is she now back for a while or is she going to continue being away for a week at a time for a while?

If you were in a relationship with her, could you cope with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

She is back for good now. These past few weeks were just holiday vacations she had planned....no way I could handle her leaving all the time. That would drive me crazy!

So she called me today wanting to get a drink tonight. Naturally we did, I bought her flowers, and explained my feelings to her in an incredibly awkward and discombobulated way. But she fell for it and said she likes the thought of us being "boyfriend/girlfriend".

So like I thought, I was freaking out over nothing, silly me......

Anyway thanks for the responses....