+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I forget this girl? she's stuck in my mind.

How do I forget this girl? she's stuck in my mind.

I should start saying that I met this girl online about two years ago and we have been great friends ever since. We are always on the same wavelength, we talk for hours and have such a good time together talking on msn. We are both 20 years old and the point is we've never met in person which makes things alot more complicated and she lives in Canada and of course that's not the only problem, somehow I think I have started to have feelings for her, this girl is like always on my mind it doesn't even matter where I go, everything reminds me of her even though I like her very much I am not so sure if she feels the same about me as she seems to be very popular she's Always surrounded by friends and I am little bit of a loner myself I don't have a great social life because I can't afford to go clubbing every single weekend, and I'm a very closed off person though I'm very opened and outgoing to this girl, whenever I'm talking to her it seems like nothing else exists to me. talking to her makes me feel really good. The problem is: we don't live in the same country and I can't really afford going up canada to meet her and even though I could I don't think she loves me really and I wanna forget her because this feeling is bothering and It's really crushing my heart. How do I forget her then? Sorry for keeping this so long but I had to take it off my chest.

If you're still communicating, stop. Do something to distract yourself. As in, go outside and partake in an activity where no computers are in sight.

You only really have three options. One would be to stop comminicating with her for a while. It doesn't have to be forever, just a few weeks. The first couple of weeks will be really painful and you'll miss them a lot, but as the days pass, you'll get more used to not talking to them.

The second option is that you save up and go and visit her in person, as a one off. By doing that, you'll either find out that she's not the same person you fell for online and you won't think of her the same way again; or she'll turn out to be everything you've ever wanted and you'll fall ten times harder.

The third option is the most difficult and painful, and that is you bottle up your feelings and carry on your friendship pretending as though everything you feel for her is purely platonic. By doing this you ensure you get the pleasure of her friendship and conversation for a very long time and you carry on enjoying what you have while it lasts.

I agree with KerryLou. The third is always the worst and the thought of her will linger on for quite some time. But it's better for her than yourself. But since this is an online type of deal, I'd say go for Kerry's first option. It always works.