+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the magic of making up??

the magic of making up??

Does this work?

Any success stories from ppl from this site?

Only if both people really want it. Usually "making up" means people get insecure and lonely. Instead of wanting to really work on the issues that caused the break-up in the first place, they are looking for a band-aid to heal the sadness they feel.

I've never been able to reconcile a break-up successfully. I've tried quite a few times with a couple of different boyfriends. It was too far gone though. By the time we had broken up the original affection and feelings that had held us together had faded and been replaced by hurt and resentment. There's no going back after that.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Too true LB... too true
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

actually that site helped me break up by one of the first questions it asked: list all the activities you did together: none.....fecker
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Don't waste your money

Yep. True Lahnna. I'm about to end up doing the same thing. I feel like calling him right now and just telling him to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Yep. True Lahnna. I'm about to end up doing the same thing. I feel like calling him right now and just telling him to come home.
    Remember when you told me to stop being a wuss and stop whining about my ex-?

I'm just messin' with ya.
    Last edited by TimeToGrowUp; 15-01-10 at 11:04 AM.

I made up with an ex, and eventually married her. I couldn't be happier.

That having been said, this involved her utterly mind****ing me, cheating on me, leaving me, aborting our child, and her going through years of therapy before apologizing to me profusely for being a vicious soulsucking bitch. (Her words, not mine.)

And, to this day I fight periodic feelings of mistrust.

Making it work is the extreme exception to the rule, and unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into fixing yourself and your personal issues that caused the breakup in the first place... You're not the exception. And even then, you most likely will figure out that you don't want to be dating that person anyway.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Lite said:
    Making it work is the extreme exception to the rule, and unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into fixing yourself and your personal issues that caused the breakup in the first place...
    And, unless your partner is willing to do that, too. That's what life is all about...effort.

And that's both wanting to work towards bettering themselves apart AND wanting to work at making a new, better relationship afterwards.The reason why it's not very likely and never happens is because the two never line up exactly (while the thoughts of hurt and mistrust may still linger). It's sad but it is what it is.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.