+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need to lose weight >.< (long post)

I Need to lose weight >.< (long post)

Ok so here's the thing,

I have been overweight for like, forever. I don't even know what it's like to be skinny. I exercise I cycle about 2 hours everyday (30 minutes each time because my bike is my transportation). I don't drive a car when I go somewhere I cycle. I used to do Tapdance (I was still overweight), after that I did Judo (Yeah still overweight) and for about 6 months I did Karate which I quit because of my part-time job getting in the way (I get more evening shifts which stop me from going to karate). A while ago I decided I couldn't take it any longer and I quit eating candy. I eat regular breakfast (2 sandwiches and a glass of milk) I ate bad lunch until a little while ago (I always ate 2 croissants and drank about a liter of fruit-smoothie). As for dinner I just eat whatever my mother cooks but I try never to take seconds. (She doesn't cook unhealthy there's always plenty of vegetables)

I don't worry about my health. I have no problems with my heart or cholesterol or anything like that. I eat fruit every day (I love fruit) and vegetables too. I never eat french fries (I kinda hate McDonalds or other fast-food restaurants).

Yet I DO NOT Lose any weight. I'm not skinny believe me I could lose about 10 kilos. My clothes are always large and I just don't know what I should do to lose weight anymore. I once tried going on Atkins but it backfired on me and although I lost weight in the beginning it all came back after a few weeks.

Sorry for the long post. Oh and in case you want to know I weigh about 69 kilos and I'm 1.60m (152 pounds and 5.2 feet)

Please help me!
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

Your weight..it's not so bad.

Let's say you could do with losing 5 kilos...

Why not try this..eat breakfast and lunch as usual...plus a healthy but filling snack at about 4-5ish.

But evening: a soup + low fat yogurt with sweeteners.

Try this for a couple of week and see...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you need to calculate how many calories you are taking in and how many you are burning off.
    To lose weight you need to burn off more than you consume.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Next time you go in for a physical mention your issues to your doctor. He or she may run some tests on you or recommend setting up a nutrionist to help you come up with a diet plan to get the results you are looking for.

Cutting out sugar is a huge thing, sodas are diet killers.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I would cut out dinner and go for a good, solid lunch. I used to date a guy who was obsessive about his appearance and one thing he did, besides work out every day and take good care of his skin, was that he NEVER ate after dark. Never.

That man was fine looking. Oh, my.
    Spammer Spanker

Sasaki,

Na al dit sporten, gaat je gewicht wel omlaag of niet? Het klinkt alsof je nog steeds onblij bent met je situatie, maar het is belangerijk dat je altijd aandacht bespeelt aan je vooruitgang. Maak een "log" van je gewich, weeg jezelf weekelijks, en kijk wat je wel en niet helpt om gewicht te verliezen.

Heel veel sport zoals Karate en tapdancen helpen niet zoveel om gewicht te verliezen. Het zijn leuke sporten, maar stevig cardio is veel beter. Als je echt gewicht wil verliezen, dan gaat het gewoon om drie simpele principen:

1. Wees voorzichtig met wat je eet:

Tel dagelijks hoeveel calorien je inneemt, en zorg ervoor dat vet niet meer dan 30% van je calorien is, en dat je niet teveel carbs inneemt. Voor sommige mensen converteren carbs heel snel naar vet.

Zorg er ook voor dat je niet veel drinkt. Heel veel mensen drinken meer calorien dan ze denken. Fruitsap, melk, deze dingen behouden allemaal heel veel calorien. Als je ze vervangt met water can je makkelijk een paar honderd calorien verminderen per dag.

2. Zorg ervoor dat je vaak sport:

Aan het einde van de dag moet je de calorien dat je verbrandt aftrekken van de calorien dat je gegeten hebt. Dan kijk je naar het verschil tussen jouw effectieve calorien en je dagelijks benodige calorien. Zolang je minder calorien inneemt dan je nodig hebt om je gewicht te bewaren, dan zal je gewicht verliezen.

Reken hier hoeveel calorien je nodig hebt:
      [url]http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm[/url]

Zonder sporten heb ik 2300 calorien nodig per dag om mijn gewicht te bewaren. Als ik 2500 calorien eet en 600 verbrand, dan zal ik 1900 effectieve calorien hebben en een dagelijks tekort van 400 calorien. Elke 3500 calorien dat je tekort hebt is een pond (8000 voor een kilo). Dus als je wekelijks een tekort hebt van 4000 calorien, dan kan je elke twee weken een kilo verliezen. Het is heel belangerijk dat je deze cijfers in de gaten houdt, het is heel makkelijk om anders val te spelen en meer eten dan je dagelijks doel.

3. Hou je vooruitgang in de gaten:

Het is soms heel makkelijk om depressief te worden wanneer het om gewicht-verlies gaat. Zelfs al na maanden werk heb je nog steeds je goals niet bereikt, maar je moet er voor zorgen dat je kan zien wanneer je vooruitgang maakt. Op deze mannier kan je zien welke methoden het beste voor jou zijn, en hoe lang het zal duren totdat je je doelwit bereikt.

Succes.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 15-01-10 at 02:50 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 sandwhiches for breakfast is "normal?" I eat 2 peices of 100% wheat bread with PB.
    Do you eat 2 crossaints for lunch now or was that the unhealthy lunch? Becasue that's a lot of starch.

cut out wheat. i lost a lot of weight once i eliminated it. eat salads, veg and fruit. cut out bread, croissants and the like. check the labels on food. try to buy local if you can. most areas have box schemes that deliver to your door of local veg usually organic. chemicals and sugar in convenience food and drinks are linked with obesity. even fruit drinks have way too much sugar. you have to check the labels

EDIT: oh and avoid anything with aspartame (splenda, fake sugar) and MSG (usually found in chips and chinese food also known as yeast extract) those are especially linked with not only neurological disorders but with obesity-in fact they make you more hungry
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 15-01-10 at 03:50 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    2 sandwhiches for breakfast is "normal?" I eat 2 peices of 100% wheat bread with PB.
    Do you eat 2 crossaints for lunch now or was that the unhealthy lunch? Becasue that's a lot of starch.
    The 2 croissants were the unhealthy lunch I stopped doing that, now I just eat fruit with low-fat yogurt for lunch. sorry I forgot to mention that.

Yeah 100% wheat bread is normal here, I don't eat "white" bread. I don't really like peanut butter... so I normally eat the bread with chicken fillet (without butter)
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I've just lost 2st 11 not so long ago...

Diet is hugely important. And it can be easier to control than exercise.

One of the simplest things you can do is to stop eating the moment you don't feel hungry. No matter if you are halfway through a plate, just stop. And slow down how fast you eat. Take your time to chew. It takes the average person around 20minutes to begin feeling full. If you slow down the rate at which you chew, it gives your body more time to determine whether you actually need more food to function.
    Eating works very much like a habit.

Willpower is the battle though. It really is. If you are really as upset as you're saying then you will begin to educate yourself about eating. Do not touch chocolate, ice cream, products high in sugars, try to stay clear of high-carbo foods after 3pm.
    Read the packets of the foods you're eating. Learn what it all means, afterall, you're putting it in your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have your thyroid function checked, and see a nutritionist..

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For breakfast- 2 sanwhiches is way too much.

If you must have a sandwhich for lunch make it 1.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    For breakfast- 2 sanwhiches is way too much.

If you must have a sandwhich for lunch make it 1.
    Maybe my idea of a sandwich is wrong. I meant two slices of bread with a thin slice of chicken, but I won't eat it anymore if it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Have your thyroid function checked, and see a nutritionist..
    I'm getting a lot of tips right now. If I try them and they don't work I will see the nutritionist as my last option. (I don't know why but I don't like nutritionists... it's nothing personal)

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    cut out wheat. i lost a lot of weight once i eliminated it. eat salads, veg and fruit. cut out bread, croissants and the like. check the labels on food. try to buy local if you can. most areas have box schemes that deliver to your door of local veg usually organic. chemicals and sugar in convenience food and drinks are linked with obesity. even fruit drinks have way too much sugar. you have to check the labels

EDIT: oh and avoid anything with aspartame (splenda, fake sugar) and MSG (usually found in chips and chinese food also known as yeast extract) those are especially linked with not only neurological disorders but with obesity-in fact they make you more hungry
    Oh that doesn't sound good O.O Thanks for the advice... I knew aspartame wasn't good though... Cola Light is filled with it. Good thing I don't like soda's ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast