+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend not fully committed?

Boyfriend not fully committed?

I suspect my boyfriend is talking to another girl online. I have glanced a couple of times at his aim conversations. He told me she is his cousin, but from what I have read it does not seem to be the case. I could be wrong and be drawing conclusions on insufficient information or simply interpreting things the wrong way. But my gut constantly tells me something isn't right. Here are the clues:

1) Is it appropriate to say "hey there cowboy" or "babe" to your cousin? I find it a bit incestuous. Either its that or he is lying this whole time.

2) Every time someone messages him on aim, he types relatively quick. But when he chats with her, he types slower and seems to put a little more thought into what he wants to type. I found that odd.

3) When he chats with other people (I met most of them), he usually leaves their box or tab open and I am able to read his chats. With her, he never leaves her box or tab in view sight, always leaves his other chat tab opened. It seems to me he is hiding it from me.

4) glimpse of the chat worried me. message exchanged were along the lines of this: "i have a difficult time expressing my feelings about you". (she sent this to him).

I don't know what to think of this. I

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am pretty sure you DO know what to think of this. Something stinks, and you know it.

He could be into cousin-lovin', in which case, he's not lying and yes, you still have plenty to worry about.
    Spammer Spanker

I would say you're rightfully suspicious, I've never known a woman's intuition to carry them too far from the truth

He's cheating on you.

He knows it, you know it. If he's not saving chat sessions or clearing the history for that one person, he's cheating. If he's not clearing the history, then he's a flaming idiot that's cheating.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I have to agree with Wizard. Your gut is telling you something is wrong, because there is something wrong. You can either confront him about it, or do something a bit sleazier. I know one person that caught her husband cheating using a spy programs that monitored his online activity, and it emailed her daily reports. That's your call.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Naughty rascal. Show him the door!