+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My First Committed Relationship

My First Committed Relationship

I am new here, and have never really looked for advice in dating. Let my start by saying I am 20 years old, and for the first time of my life I actually love a lady.

My whole life, any “girlfriend” I had was a mutual friends-with-benefits type of deal. However, almost a year ago now, I met a girl who I began dating (not a very serious thing), but as things progressed I began realizing how I really just wanted to spend time with her to know her. I am a person who rarely gives in to emotions, and honestly tends to lack them (usually the good ones). Actually I tend to feel “bad” emotions much more than good ones. Ever since I met her, things are different; I realized I was feeling something new.

I told her a long time ago how I feel, and she reciprocated. So, for the first time in my life I am currently in a committed relationship with someone I genuinely care about, very much so. I have been with her for ten months “officially”, and everything is going great, or at least seems that way. The thing is, I feel I am too cliché. Our dates are typical, dinner and movie. Of course, I change it up once in a while with a special dinner, more of a white tablecloth deal.

For me honestly, I don’t really care what we are doing, I care that I am doing it with her. My problem is that I don’t know if she cares, or will grow tired of it. So my questions are the following:

1: Will it eventually bore her?
    2: What are some ideas to change it up, things a man/significant other has done for you?
    3: Something you have not done, but maybe have wanted to?

I also, have a few questions regarding something else. I am sorry for bombarding with questions, it is just that I am really new with a committed relationship, and I feel some pressure. She gives me my own personal space, and I feel I do the same for her, but I am not positive that I do. What are some signs she would show if I am cramping her too much? Maybe even signs I show myself?

I thank anyone for their advice/answers in advance, and also for reading all that I wrote. It is extremely appreciated.
    Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.
    -Herb Brooks

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes it could get boring! You have to keep things interesting and a "fancy" dinner sometimes isn't really mixing it up.

Make dinner for her, cook with her, take cooking classes, go to comedy shows, go to the museum, the aquarium, 'tour' your own city as if you were a tourist, stay in bed all day.

YSC is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I am new here and pretty much in the same boat as you. I have been with my girlfriend for 9 months. It is fantastic and love every minute of it. But dinner & a movie can get quite boring if that's all you do. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing but my girlfriend has become like a best friend to me now also. We just hang out and do normal stuff together, run errands together, go to parties, watch TV. Just doing normal stuff as if we were just friends. I am quite well accepted into their family as their mom and dad pretty much call me their son also. Ha, so I guess my only advice is just spend time with her and just go out and do fun stuff. Go exercise with her, go to an amusement park, waterpark, go sledding (if you have snow where you live). Just be happy with her with whatever you do I guess.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Outdoor activities: hiking, biking, water activities, frisbee, tennis, shooting hoops. Rent movies.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Does she have any hobbies? Do you? It could be fun for you guys to try out eachother's "thing".

Also, learning or trying something new together can help you grow closer.
    Do you like to travel? Even a weekend sightseeing trip can be a great bonding experience.