+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to fix being taken for granted...

how to fix being taken for granted...

My gf and I are in a long distance relationship. We originally met on myspace. She liked me far before I even thought twice about her. To make a long story short, I began eventually having feelings for her after we talked on the phone every night. We met in early Dec. I flew her here to see me. We fell head over heals in love. Now we have made plans for her to move her in March. Before, she would call me like 30 times a day and I wasn't so available and she was obsessed with me. Now, after she has "got" me, she barely calls and on the phone, sounds like she isn't as eager to talk to me. I am not sure how to fix this. I want her to appreciate me and the time she gets to talk to me like she use to. Should I pull back a little? and if so, how should I do that without being rude or being immature. I just need her to value me like she use and need me. Please, any advice would be much appreciated. This has been bothering for a while now. Our connection on the phone is lacking and in not comparable to what we have in person. Should I just hold on tight and let this pass until she lives here?

when she calls, don't answer right away. Don't call her, let her call you. Make her wonder what you're up too, take a step back and do your own things.

This doesn't necessarily mean she's taking you for granted. It could just be that you're running out of things to talk about. However if she is taking you for granted (and possibly you're doing the same to her), then you should pull back a little bit. Keep in mind that absence makes the heart grow fonder. It can be difficult to get excited to talk to someone, or see them when you're already with them 24/7.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx