+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly Making a Mistake/Two Women

Possibly Making a Mistake/Two Women

So here's the deal: The ex and I have been broken up for close to 2 months now. I say broken up, but honestly we didn't even really break up. We just sort of separated if that makes any sense. She started talking about being too stressed with life to deal with the relationship, and she started hanging out with friends most of the time. Her and I were still hanging out a couple times a week though, but she was never clear on her intentions. Were we just friends? Was she slowing the relationship down to a less stressful level? I didn't know, but I felt like I was being strung along, so a few weeks ago I completely broke off contact with her.

I started to feel really lonely, which was made worse because I knew she was out having a great time with friends, and I don't have any friends here. So I started talking to another girl that liked me. I'll call her headache girl (Inside joke between me and some other LF friends). Headache girl and I hooked up a few times, and we're still talking. She's coming over tonight to watch a couple movies.

Here's where things get complicated. I'm moving to a different state in a month, and I started to think about how much it's hurting my ex that I won't talk to her. She told me it's hurting her. I decided she's really special to me, and I don't want to leave this state with us not talking to each other, so I broke NC. She invited me to her place the other night, and we slept in the same bed. She ended up curling up next to me, and slept in my arms the whole night. The next morning we laid on the couch together cuddling, holding hands, and eventually had sex.

I have no idea what her and I are doing. I don't know if we're in a FWB situation, or.. Hell, I just don't know, and we've never been great with communication. I know she'll run if I ask her what's going on, because it's the pressure of being in a relationship that caused our split in the first place. I do love her though.

So that's my problem. Do I break things off with headache girl or not? Headache girl is a sure thing. I know she's really into me, and I like her, and I like her company. The ex isn't a sure thing. For all I know we won't hook up again before I leave. Neither of the relationships have a chance of going anywhere because I'm leaving soon, but I'd happily drop headache girl for just a few more special moments with the ex.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Dude. Please tell me you at least use condoms. Damn.

I'm sure you already know this, but you're being terribly irresponsible with Headache Girl, emotionally speaking. You're stringing her along and using her, which sucks even if she's into it.

I think you should break things off with her, clean. She was just a rebound fling to you, but you were more to her than that. That's not fair.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think you should break things off with her, clean. She was just a rebound fling to you, but you were more to her than that. That's not fair.
    Yeah, but she knows I'm leaving soon, and we're just having fun, and enjoying each others company while I'm still here. So I don't really feel like I'm stringing her along.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

How would she feel if she found out you porked your ex the other day?
    Spammer Spanker

Giga has a good point on the last post.

Alot of times too, even though a woman says "It's all good" to a fling, they can't help the emotions that come along with being with someone you click with, so you really don't know how she is feeling.

My best advice, break off whatever it is that you have going with headache girl. Also, concentrate on your move to another state. Maybe when you get settled wherever you are going, you can meet someone there & be more stable in that you can have something more with the girl if you want to.

How would she feel if she found out you porked your ex the other day?
    I know. As far as she knows the ex and I aren't even speaking to each other, and I have no feelings for her. She doesn't know what I'm doing behind her back, so I suppose I am stringing her along in some weird way.

I hate the way girls assume they're the only one. I think we should assume we AREN'T the only one until we have The Exclusivity Talk.
    Spammer Spanker

I hate the way girls assume they're the only one. I think we should assume we AREN'T the only one until we have The Exclusivity Talk.
    Hrm.. well I'm not exclusive with either of them, so I wonder if I should feel bad about this at all. I say feel bad, because the only solution I've come up with (that I like) is simply juggling both of them till I leave, which makes me feel sleazy.

Believe me, they are very likely both assuming that they're the only one.

I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter, since you're leaving anyway. Just don't get busted and use condoms.
    Spammer Spanker

Well at least you have a conscience about the matter. For some guys I know (most of which, thankfully when we were younger) this is just any given week for them. Throw in maybe another girl or two.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I don't want to hurt either of them. I know/think the ex would be hurt if she knew about headache girl. Although I honestly have no reason to believe she hasn't been seeing someone too. That's partially what makes me feel conflicted here. Why give up the company of headache girl to be more faithful to the ex, when the ex could very well be using me.

Oh well.. I guess I'm going to juggle them both, although my gut tells me it's going to blow up in my face in a bad way.

Well, we'll be here for you when it does.
    Spammer Spanker

Reminds me of the R Kelly song...

"My mind is telling me no but my body, my body's telling me yes.
    I don't want to hurt nobody
    But there is something that I must confess...........

I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind"
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep anything up with either one of them as you're leaving soon. Aren't you just complicating things for yourself? Unless you're able to have a long-distance relationship with one of them after you leave, what's the point? Having a sex partner for a month?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    what's the point? Having a sex partner for a month?
    And having some company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast