+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crisis of Confidence

Crisis of Confidence

I'm not sure why but at the moment i'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence. Entering conversations with strangers or even aquaitences seems a daunting task to me as for some reason I don't feel I can hold a conversation with them, even though I have done so in the past without a second thought.

A girl was clearly trying to get my attention at a club tonight and I thought she was cute too but for some reason I felt I wasn't up to the task even though she was within my league. I know I don't have anything to lose but what the hell.

I also seem to be a bit aggresive lately I keep cursing and being more confronting than normal even snapping at my friends sometimes. I just want to get back to being my normal self...
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

Can you think of some event or some comments you have experienced recently that could have undermined your confidence recently?

Think hard and be honest.

Are you going through a period of depression? That's how I get when I'm depressed. Trying to have a conversation with people feels physically exhausting, and I snap at friends/family because really I want to be left alone. Plus my depression often manifest itself as anger instead of sadness.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx