+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A question for women of all races

A question for women of all races

Lately, I've been thinking about myself regarding dating and relationships. The reason being is that I've never been on a date with a woman before even though I'm 30 years old single male with a good stable job. I not really desperate or anything, it's just that I'm getting older and whenever I mention this to other people, they look at me as a joke and for that I should question about myself whether or not if I'm capable of building a good relationship with anyone. Also, I was told that if I mentioned that if I have no dating experience to any lady then it's a definite turn off and it's not worth entertaining an idea that I'm not good enough to hang out with. I've known people that I work with that knows me well that I'm a nice guy who is easy to talk to and always a good listener.
    Not only that I question myself about my lack of dating experience, but my family is also making a big deal about this because my male relatives had opportunities of establishing relationships with women and it's got to a point that everyone is getting concerned about my future. It's self explanatory that people will judge you by your appearance, and I'm well aware about that. But the only thing that I could identify that probably one of the reasons that I'm not considered dating material is due to my facial features. Granted that I keep in shape on a routine basis that I have an athletic built figure, but whenever I go out in public on numerous occasions in my life, some ladies look at me funny or even giving me dirty looks simply because of my broad lips.
    This is not out of insecurity within myself, but I'm just being aware of how I'm getting perceived from other women and the possible outcome if I ever make an attempt to approach someone because the mere thought that my facial features are not really socially acceptable or socially approachable to certain women.
    Anyways, if there are any ladies out there know what do women like these days or if there any insightful advice regarding my current situation would be helpful for me to better myself in certain situations. Thanks.

Benjamin

hi Benjamin,

Just had a look at your photo and yes you do have thick and broad lips but nothing freakish..
    It is not a feature that could turn off women at all, at least not me..
    You also seem to have like you said an athletic figure...a bonus that certainly makes you very attractive...
    Now your lack of experience: are you saying that you are a virgin or is it just that you've never had a proper relationship.
    Also how are you confortable with women in general regardless of their age or looks?
    Have you got sisters or female cousins that you are used to hanging out with or are women still like an unknown planet to you.

How old are you?

Benjamin, you're not a bad-looking guy at all. Yes, you have broad lips, but that's not a negative thing. You really think people give you dirty looks because of this?
    Spammer Spanker

Unfortunately, yes.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Benjamin, not sure if you still check your thread but seriously dude... you have nothing to worry about. Confidence accounts for so much more than looks. Especially when you don't have anything wrong with you.
    I'm a straight guy and can definitely tell ya that if I was a woman, I'd have no problem with your lips or anything else if you approached me.

The lack of relationship thing... don't worry. Enjoy yourself and go get the experience. Its not like you turn up on a date with your CV and they check it over whilst waiting for the starters to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

I would think the women are more curious as to what the looks you give them mean than any perceived flaw you may have. Culture dictates numerous 'hints' and slight gestures to mean interest or lack of interest, and both genders learn about this through trial and error of dating... etc.

So if you're ready to jump in the dating game, be forewarned, the pain and anguish of learning from mistakes has not been staved because of age -- you'll still have to acquire experience the old fashioned way. The best advice would be to not wear your heart on your sleeve as you play 'catch-up' in regards to men and women relations.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I felt the same way as you. Most of my family members got married to their high school boyfriends at 20 years old so I always felt like the oddity of the family. My grandpa even asked me at age 25 if I was going to be the "old maid" of the family and would even call and have like interventions with my sister about "finding me a man" but I have always been shy and never one to throw myself at men.

Anyway, I looked at your picture. You aren't a freak, everyone has their own thing they don't like about themselves. You just have to learn to accept your body for what it is and become comfortable in your own skin. People pick up on others insecurities. At age 30 most people are mature enough to realize what counts, a good personality and all in all just being a good person. Sounds like you have a lot going for yourself so there IS a woman out there who would be happy to be with you.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?