+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats up

Whats up

Hey dudes out there..

Help me with something.. trying to understand the "guys" mind. Here goes..met a guy very recently NYE... hit it off huge. Made the drunk mistake and slept with him.. Then we met two nights later at his house. He lives 75 miles away, so I stayed the night.
    He called and texted me every day and night after for the last two weeks. We continued to hit it off. I had him over my house for two nights last weekend, we had a blast. He has suggested more than a friend relationship but I told him it needs to wait because he is going thru his divorce, etc. We are both on match also and actively talking to other people. He offered to leave match but I don't want to until we spend time together and he is done with the divorce.

Anyway, early this week the phone and texts quiet down. Should I ask him what's up or just leave it be. I like him alot but want to give him space, like I would want. I just don't like wondering what's going on.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You basically told him to back off until he's offically divorced now you're wondering why the texting and calling quieted down?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    You basically told him to back off until he's offically divorced now you're wondering why the texting and calling quieted down?
    Exactly. All he's doing is following your wishes. You told him that for the time being you don't want more than a friendship, so now he's rightfully acting differently to when he thought a relationship was a possibility.

Is this not just a case of you hoping to be chased? Honestly?

No, we've been talking etc since the beginning (as friends) it shouldn't matter that we didn't take it further..
    And no I don't want to be chased.. I think I am struggling with wanting to be with him regardless of him not be divorced, the other side of me says he is going to need alot of time after the divorce so it is best to stay away.

My girlfriends advise me to stay away, it is way too early to even talk about a relationship.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah guess what his friends are saying? They are saying "stay away". And the fact that you think he should be calling despite your wishes to stay away is "I want my cake and I'll eat it too!" He doesn't want to keep talking to you 'as a friend' because he knows that you don't want to be more and he does.

It DOES matter 'we' (which for the record means YOU) didn't take it further.