+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I date her regarding the difference in Education?!

Should I date her regarding the difference in Education?!

Hi All,

I just meet this girl in my friends party. She is working @Macdonalds and I am a PhD Engineer!

So Actually I am trying to settle now and I am trying to find a girl to marry and not only to hang out with.

So do u think that can be a good match, I mean it seems we have a different level of education, do u think something like this could work!

I am attracted to her because she is funny and pretty.

your opinion will be appreciated, as she is playing the "hard to get" game with me and I don't want to spend much time pursuing her and then discover that it won't work because of our different education levels!

If it's already a concern for you, I don't see it going away. Unless you're willing to sponsor her further education, I would find someone else. Clearly, it bothers you.
    Spammer Spanker

I think you just might want a piece of this girl because it might be a challenge. If she's a bright young girl and just going through a tough time, then maybe the difference in education isn't that large.

If a girl is an idiot I would not respect her and wouldnt be able to put myself out there or want to waste my time on her. I'd also be kind of embarrassed that she worked at Mickey D's. Thats my own insecurities though.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd never....
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

You mean despite right, not regarding? Or are you just missing a comma in there. That title annoyed the hell out of me.

Anyway, date her, don't date her. Try and live life. You've got plenty of time to get married.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, how old is she? Come to think of it, how old are you?

Times are tough out there... does she have bills that need paying, or is she just a kid making a bit of extra cash while she's in school? That would be a bit different than someone who is too dumb to get a regular job. Is she stupid? It seems you should be able to tell after a single conversation if she's bright or not.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Guys she works at Mc Donalds..it doesn't mean she is stupid!
    It only means she is hard_working for **** sake!!!

And for what it's worth I have 2 degrees but feel bored and depressed with 'so-called educated people'...

My experience of life is that people who stayed at school for too long very often lack of common sense and I am one of them...

My mother stopped school at 16 but she supported 4 kids by herself while the local educated women were having tantrums and so called depressions because their husband would not buy them a brand new car...

Now Coca it all boils down to your personality...if you want a relationship where you can discuss world issues, philosophy and economics with your partner yes maybe you should back off but if you want someone you can have fun with and just be yourself...give the girl a chance...you never know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    I'd also be kind of embarrassed that she worked at Mickey D's.
    That is the stupidest thing I have heard on the forum...

are you mentally challenged or what????

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have heard on the forum...

are you mentally challenged or what????

I dunno, I think you could probably find something more stupid.

Maybe its an American thing, or my friends and I are jackasses.... but if I told my friends my GF worked at Mickey d's , they would CRACK UP. I can picture it now.....

I said it was probably my own insecurities......dunno what else you want from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    ......dunno what else you want from me.
    Nothing from you...thank you...

The question is not whether or not it should bother him that she works at McDonald's, it's whether or not he should date her anyway. He obviously has reservations about it, and frankly, I don't think this girl needs that shit.
    Spammer Spanker

I am a Ph.D. astrophysicist, and education has never been a factor for me. Education is not the same as intellectual stimulation or intellectual compatibility. There are lots of stimulating people out there and some of them work at McDonald's. The only thing that matters is whether you actually do feel that mental connection, not what papers she hangs on her wall. But merely "funny and pretty?" You're not making that connection. You're just chasing tail.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    Nothing from you...thank you...

It may not bother you at first cause you overlook it initially...she's pretty and funny and that'll keep you going for a while. But then she'll bore you. She won't understand what you're going thru, what's important to you, etc... I know cause I was with someone who only has high school diploma for 3 yrs. I have a PhD too. He was great...funny sweet kind...and I thought it was all I wanted....but eventually it bothered me that I couldn't discuss my work, my passion with him...cause he didn't understand, couldn't get back to me with meaningful feedback. So, unless you're just looking for someone fun and pretty to be with...I say skip this one. You won't be able to share EVERYTHING with her and you'll have regrets later on. Trust me, I know. Marriage to someone should be at a similar intellectual level.

I agree with Sookie. Just because she works at McDonald's doesn't make her an stupid or unable to relate to you. Maybe she likes her job? More power to her. In this economy a job is a job. I'd much rather see someone working at McDonald's then sitting on their ass collecting welfare.

Like everyone else said, if you aren't ok with then don't bother to lead her on if you'd end up being ashamed of her. Its good to think of the future but don't assume this girl is your future wife or that McDonald's is her lifetime career.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 26-01-10 at 05:22 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast