+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fwb

Every woman I sleep with turns into Lili Von Shtupp, so in my experience they don't work.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Lol, this woman doesnt do attachment or feelings.
    a lot of guys would love that. lol

It doesn't work. In the end the attachment always occurs. People are not robots, ofcourse having one of the most intimate experiences in one's life with someone over and over again is bound to produce feelings, which will be hard to get rid off.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

It depends on the maturity of the friends. I've had (and still do) a couple of ladies who are FWB partners. Now that I'm in a relationship, we"ve eliminated the "benefits", part, but are still friends.

i don't get it. i really don't. are women trying to be men or somethin'? why women would pretend that it actually works is completely beyond me.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Eco, both of these women are professional women, one's an orthopedic surgeon, and the other is in human resources, neither have time or energy for anything other than casual sex, but they don't want to be promiscuous, or risk STD's. FWB is the perfect solution. I have known both since college, and one since childhood. Do I love them, sure, am I In love with them, no, and the same with them. They are my two closest female friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Eco, both of these women are professional women, one's an orthopedic surgeon, and the other is in human resources, neither have time or energy for anything other than casual sex
    Does it work for them though? Can they sustain this with one person for protracted and extended periods of time without getting attached and then hurt in the process? Have you ever had those soul searching discussions with them where you found them questioning what they are doing and whether they are getting out of it what they wanted?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Mish, before I got married, I spent a lot of time with both of these ladies, and every type of issue, whether personal or otherwise , we've discussed. FWB doesn't mean that you don't have feelings for each other, it means that you have somebody you can trust with anything, like good friends should be. The sex is only when mutually agreed upon, to ease the Libido. .

BTW, we have tried to be couples, at different times, and it has never worked out. Now that I'm with my new GF the sex will stop, the friendship will last forever.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel something for the women I ****. I feel something for lots of people. Why is it the women I **** are the only ones who want to have a controlling share in my life? Why is it they're (mostly) the only ones who throw fits and give me shit because I did this wrong or that joke was offensive or whatever the hell it is.

Why can't I have feelings for someone and stick my dick inside them from time to time without giving them a chunk of my life or expecting a chunk of theirs in return? Grow the **** up. A dick rubbing the inside of your vagina is just a big (hopefully), blood-filled organ that squirts. It isn't an arrow from Cupid's mother ****ing quiver.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-01-10 at 08:55 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

you're an island
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPioSdlIERg"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    BTW, we have tried to be couples, at different times, and it has never worked out. Now that I'm with my new GF the sex will stop, the friendship will last forever.
    I see. Well they were probably more akin to ex's then. I've been with girls like that as well. The try / fail / good friends period.

I think what OP was asking for was more along the lines of having an FWB which was sex only no additional closeness or feelings that come with that. I suspect this is due to the situation she described earlier in her other threads. I guess I just want to point out that feelings will still eventually develop, there is no way out of that.

There are places that accommodate what OP requested though. I think they are called swinger bars. People go in there, have sex with random consensual strangers (wearing protection) and then part ways never to meet again.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

The term is FRIENDS with BENEFITS, if all you want is a casual screw, go to a bar and pick somebody up. The friendship usually comes first, the benefits later, IMO.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Perryville, you're very lucky to have what you have with those women. Imo, it's a very mature situation and a hard find. It's my belief that sex is to be enjoyed with whoever people want to enjoy it with. I'm certainly not conservative so I think what you have/had with those women sounds like a situation which suited you all just fine.

@ OP... I think so long as both are open and honest to each other and themselves then these things can work. Perhaps it does have a time limit though before things become emotionally complicated? I haven't done the whole FWB thing, yet! It's an idea which appeals but I would definitely approach it cautiously and would try to be as aware as possible of how both people feel towards each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast