+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men, do you think about your girl when you're not with them??

Does he realize he was being wrong? Or does he feel guilty? If he feels guilty, I am going to tell you that this "problem" isn't going to resolve itself in your favor.

And you say he loves you and I love him. Then you say we are together because his personality lets him handle you? <---That sentence isn't love, that's tolerance. And they are not the same...

And yeah, your friends opinions are probably not going to be right. We all think we know so much about relationships, but we all break up so many times and that alone is proof we don't know anything about relationships. And their opinions are biased.

If you have personal issues, you have to dive in and figure out why you do and where they came from. That is the only way to fix them. And you want to fix them don't you? To be a better person for yourself and for who you are dating? If they are getting in the way of this, they will continue to. Do not be like me and lose the important person in your life because you didn't want to deal with your issues and you didn't want to change. I self destructed my own relationship.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I'm married. I think about my wife several times a day, but I don't typically dwell upon the fact that she's not right there with me as I'm busy working. Then, after work, I go home and she's there so I don't really have to think about her not being there. Funny how that works.

The question I'd ask is, do you want to date someone who doesn't have a life outside of you? That depends upon you for all of their social interaction? Why shouldn't friends or family also be a priority in life? If you're not married or at least engaged you're pretty much just friends with a romantic twist.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

@cmacattack1
    I understand where you are coming from...
    The tolerance and love thing, what I intended to say was that I think we love each other because of our ability to tolerate each other. As in certain things I do may not appeal to other people, but he will not mind it and see it as cute, and certain things he does other people may not think is good, but I rather like. Perhaps I should have used the word compatibility instead

I know personal issues are a bad thing... but I don't know how quite to deal with them.. I'm not a very confident people person as my parents have (and still do) keep me in a very protected bubble, they do pretty much everything for me. So my life skills I admit are lacking, but also the restrictions they've put on me has also given me a lack of social skills. The thing is my bf is quite social and I suppose 'bubbly', so when I see how much fun he can have... and how much he has experienced, I admit I do feel some rotten self pity and a longing to be able to do what everyone else can do... I also feel left out when he goes out with friends in a night on the town, yet I'll never really ever be a part of that, or even get to experience it.

I'm also wondering if I might be emotionally unstable sometimes, because when I get upset by something important to me (e.g. family or bf) it really hits hard and I either get really really angry and angsty or really depressed, or a mixture of both... Or maybe I'm bipolar... I really don't know. I do know I have the tendancy to think like a hypochondriac sometimes though...

@Lite "just friends with a romantic twist" sounds... crappy to me.
    We are lovely lovers, and like having cute fun corny talks about the future and marriage and even scary but normal things like babies

But sometimes I feel like I really don't want to grow up so fast, because with age comes responsibility, with that is the job and the ... routines...
    I don't think those prospects sound fun to me... But then again like my parents sometimes say: Life isn't all about fun.

Life isn't about fun. It is about taking responsibility for you life. Childhood is for fun. So make up your mind. Are you a kid or an adult? Yes you still have fun as an adult but life comes before fun.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

no..
    RHC Visa Services

L. Tod Schlosser

To stay on topic
    1. When its just a crush, well u think about her rarely, but when u know she is the right one, u cant stop thinking of her
    2. Yes we keep it balanced but its mega hard (in time and money) u have to have to spend time with each of those category + school or work but u should also have money to pass some good time with them. Its not about how much u try, u always get criticized

Aww.. Anonyms, hard work is also appreciated surely?
    I am very happy when I see my bf has done something very thoughtful or sweet for me.
    Sometimes its overwhelming

I wouldn't consider myself trully an adult yet, due to myself still being under my parents care, but they are the very worrying kind and I am often very ill. So in a way I am a young adult who is getting the best of both worlds (when not considering the negatives...)

I'm hitting that transition period right now between college and the real world and let me tell you that being raised by a protective family sucks. I was completely unprepared, I squandered my opportunities and now I'm paying for them. Yeah I can blame my parents for instilling my negative qualities but you have recognized them and it's up to you want to improve and fix them. You are going to have to take on responsibility sometime and it's up to you to change your priorities. My priorities at school was my fun. It ruined my grades, it ruined my relationships and I barely left with a B.S. If you know that you could use some work, but don't put the work in, what are you doing?

So you aren't socially graceful. That's okay. I never had that problem in college and I think my girlfriend at the time was jealous of it. I used to include her when I hung out with my friends, but all she really wanted was some alone time. You can easily take some steps into improving that. Joining a gym, finding a club or a sport to play, getting another job, and getting out there could be helpful. Maybe looking at your issues and identifying some of your insecurities can help too. Are you afraid that other people won't like you and you want to impress them for example?

Concentrating on you could also go some ways into taking pressure off your boyfriend and your need to be contacted by him because you are doing more with your own time.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Hi guys,

Just curious... Also a bit frustrated, so all thoughts/angles on this welcome.
    So.. you have a girl you love right? Be it your girlfriend, or wife. You've been with her for a while now, maybe it is the time of the relationship where you are the most comfortable with her.

So, you love spending time with her, whether it be everyday of the week or once a week, and when you are together everything is perfect and wonderful.
    But...

Question 1 for men that fit into the category I have stated above.
    Honestly how much do you think of your girl when you are not physically with her? Do you text/call her often, or not much (because you are too busy)? Is she on your mind every second, or only when she calls/texts you?

Question 2.
    Truthfully, what is a mans priority in life? Is it his 'girl', his mates, or family. Or a delicate balance between all? And if it is such a balance, then how do you know you are not neglecting one party whilst pleasing the other?

Sorry about all the questions... just had to get it out there...
    Please help me clear my thoughts...
    and Thank You.
    1. I've been with my girlfriend over 4 years and she's on my mind most of the time, unless I am focused on a work thing.

2. Depends on the guy! But I think all guys want a women to love, and, in turn, to love them back. I'm a loner; therefore I don't care for mates that much. I like to be either with my girlfriend or on my own. Remember this: guys tend to like a lot of time away from their girl, BUT this doesn't mean they don't love the girl and want to be with the girl. Guys like "guy time" - be it spending time alone or with friends. And spending that guy time - at least for me! - makes guys enjoy the time with their girls even more.

Kevin

I can say that I'm pretty much always thinking of my girlfriend when I'm not with her, and if I don't see her for a week, the next time I see her, I'm ecstatic; I'm running to her place, jumping up and down

Question 1:
    A fair bit really; Most of the time, I'm either at school and I don't really have that many good friends (she's my best friend ) so I think about her pretty much all of the day. I text her in the morning and evening.

Question 2.
    Well for me, I'd probably say my girl is the same as my family, friends are below. My family are always going to be there, my friends are just tools and the only person that really makes me happy is my girlfriend Ever since I met my girlfriend and started going out, I kind have started to 'neglect' my 'friends' (please note the ''). I've just got real need for friends, because I've only ever had 'friends' who back stab me in the end, so what's the point in having any? So that's my stance... My girlfriend would get preference over 'the guys'
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123