+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I made the mistake of contacting my ex

I made the mistake of contacting my ex

A little over three months ago, after dating for 13 months, my girlfriend broke up with me. After we first broke up, I made all the classic mistakes: I tried convincing her to take me back, I acted all depressed, I contacted her and asked her to hang out, etc.

I haven't tried to ask her to spend time with me for over a month now. What should I do at this point?

Keep doing you bro.. If you've been broken up and you've avoided all contact for the past month, keep it up. I applaud you for that. Maybe sit down and evaluate what you like and disliked about her over the course of the relationship and think of if you feel like it's worth an attempt at reconcile down the road.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

9 years and counting... Now I easily refuse the urge to spend internet database fees in order to look her up, although I know it's only 10-20 bucks.

She's "cut off". I may well remember her till my dying days, but I'll be ****ed if I'm the one who contacts her in her dismal situation of her own making. Once someone betrays your trust, especially in a relationship....they don't exist. finito....

Grab some guy friends and hit the strip club. An hour in there and you won't even remember her name lol

You sound like guys that are capable of loving- that is valuable and you should realize that a lot of guys out there seem incapable of committing or loving fully- some girl will be lucky to win your heart one day! Value yourself and what you have to offer and realize that you need to direct all of it toward a NEW, WORTHY gal. Don't keep spending your energy and feelings on the old girl cause you could become jaded, bitter and closed off- the "other girl" wasn't worth it, evidently! Just know who you are and redirect that lovin' elsewhere.

If you really want to get back with her, you need to think about the breakup itself. When she broke up with you, did she give you ANY indication that there was even a small chance to get back together? If not, then you have to look at the past month. If there is a chance, she will contact you. If not, then she's already moved on. Congrats on getting through a month of NC though. I'm only on hour 17...it's gonna be a long month...

that's not a bad way to start a new you, even though you contacted her after a month...im in my month 4 and well i just recently texted her too and honestly after i done that i didn't feel stupid or dumb it was just that a text seeing how she is...i missed of what we had but there is no way im getting back with her