+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Call or text?

Call or text?

Ladies...after giving your number to a guy you've just met, would you rather his next contact to you be a phone call or a simple text? I personally think a text is lame, but a lot of girls seem to be more comfortable with it.
    And I know the "how many days to wait" argument has been around forever, but add your opinion on that too.

calling is more proper- I think it is nice when a guy doesn't play games- don't abide by the "days to wait" game....texting can come later- after a date or two, and only for random stuff- but calling to hear her voice and really connect is important too- do that a few times a week at least in addition to texting.

Yes call her so that she can hear your voice (if you actually smile when talking to her it will make tour voice more agreeable)...

I would call the day after but in the evening or if you're worried to sound too keen 2 days after.

I would keep it simple. Pay a nice compliment, ask her out see what she says...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    definately call.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I agree - calling is better. It might come off that girls like texts better because they are shy or too nervous to call themselves. Definitely better if you call though.

Days to wait -- don't wait too many or she might forget who you are. That's happened to me before. Girls will lose interest if they don't hear from you. I'd say within 2 days is a good time frame.

I like when a guy calls me but I usually don't answer to strangers so umm.. I guess you should probably text her first. That way she has your number saved.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends.

If he sent me a simple "had fun tonight! hope you got home safely" text would be nice...
    Otherwise call. I'd say call after 1 day. I'm personally a fan of call sooner than that damn 3 day rule. Because honestly (not that I'm a hoe) but I will probably out mingling the next day and if I meet a new fun dude I will have likely forgot about you... My point is it's not too desperate, or too eager if she likes you...

Texting is for amateurs.
    Spammer Spanker

Girls have to read texts... but they don't have to answer calls from strange numbers

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Girls have to read texts... but they don't have to answer calls from strange numbers
    They don't have to respond to text messages, either.

Cast my vote for calling, and do it 2 days after you meet.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?