+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge?

Revenge?

The guy I dated for about a year last year that I've posted about before.. just told me the other day he had never really wanted to be exclusive and only agreed to it because he ddin't think I'd sleep with him otherwise.

How would you feel? What would you do?

How would I feel? Betrayed. What would I do? Move on. Yes what he did was shitty. Yes its unbelievable he could be so shallow. But I gotta tell ya, it's pretty normal. Guys do it all the time. I don't know many who hang out for a year just to get in bed with someone (it's actually VERY sad and I have no respect for them) but guys do it all the time. But allowing it to burn a hole inside of you and make you yearn for swift vengeance is probably the least effective way to deal with the situation. It's causing you loads of unnecessary stress, making you miserable, and also making you feel helpless unless you exact some sort of revenge on him. Now while I won't deter you from making you revenge (it's fun, rewarding, and I do it too) don't count on your retaliation to solve a damn thing. It'll make you feel a little better but unless you've moved on already you'll still feel like crap. Get things back together, move on to more promising prospects and silently plot your revenge. By the time you execute whatever maneuver you decide on you should already be back into a happy place and, preferably, with a better companion. Good luck.
    Heit ist mein taug.

How would I feel? "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    What would I do? Nothing
    Revenge is rarely a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by nebulachich
    The guy I dated for about a year last year that I've posted about before.. just told me the other day he had never really wanted to be exclusive and only agreed to it because he ddin't think I'd sleep with him otherwise.

How would you feel? What would you do?
    I'd prolly feel like crap.
    I would prolly move on and be a better person and just learn from it. The worse you can do is let him know that he can still provoke a reaction from you. Just move on, but if its revenge you seek, slipping him testosterone blockers and estrogen pill in his daily coffee works!

Soon he'll have silky skin, curvy hips, and cups like BOB from Fight Club.

Now that would be what I'd consider revenge /nods.

Well.. here's the deal. We started dating again a few months ago (he told me he missed me like crazy... blah, blah, blah..). 3 weeks ago he didn't want to see me anymore. He said it was bcuz the feelings were getting too intense (ooooh.. poor baby). I asked if it was really bcuz there was someone else. He said no, but I found out on a forum it sounds like he has been seeing someone. He posted he wouldn't be able to make an event because he would be driving to another state and a friend of his on the forum wrote: "Oooo, I know who's in NH. No wonder he doesn't want to stop in Boston. He's in a hurry to see a pretty lady!"

I'm thinking of posting on the forum (quoting the above): "Thanks for lying to me yet again T. So are you planning on f***ing with her head and telling her you want to be exclusive with her too? Also.. I'm curious.. do you still wake up screaming in the middle of the night? L."

He really did used to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

He sounds like a complete twat. Learn and move on - no point in revenge, as the others have already said and I completely agree with them.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Try talking to him about it further, it sounds like there is some doubt that he might be cheating on you. So ask him. Tell him about the post (to his face) and see how he reacts. He might own up to it, he might lie, or he could honestly not be cheating.
    If he says he isnt cheating, look at how he reacts and use your own judgement to guess if he is telling the truth or not. Try to remain calm though, if your angry, you will tent to think he is lying, rather than trust him.

Even if you where sure that he was cheating on you, I would advise against revenge.
    It will just tie you to him longer, and stop you moving on with your life. I have seen many people go into getting revenge because they think it will make them happy, but in the end it almost always makes them depressed.
    It will make both of you upset, and nobody wins.

Just let it go, go solo for a while, or find someone elce.
    Its up to you.

Start a rumor that he was "eh" in bed. When a guy asks you about your old boyfriend or last relationship say yeah, and then say that you're fine with it being over. When the question of sex comes up in the new relationship, say, "Well, you got one thing going for you. You have to better than the last guy I dated!"

Rod Steele

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    forget about it. he's saying these types of things to either get under your skin, or maybe it is the simple and plain truth. however being that it was last year, i think that you should already be over him, and if you're not, holding onto a grudge like you are now will only make you angry on the inside. see, you want to get even because you want to hurt him like he has hurt you. i would say forget about it because you'll probably spend more engery thinking of ways to get even, rather than letting go. why not try spending your engery finding a new person to replace him??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Key his car. A lot.

lol Alexi.

I have to say although I wouldn't generally recommend revenge. I got revenge on my ex (spot the only army man in barracks who only has crotchless combats!!!) and boy did it give everyone a laugh. Still makes me chuckle now.

But move on, don't waste time plotting revenge, you're just wasting time & energy on someone who doesn't deserve your time and energy.

I am such a spoilsport, I dont believe in revenge at all Move on.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Two thumbs up for Kirsty

Find some pregnant girl at work, and borrow her ultrasound. Bring it to him, point, and say, "You better be ready to accept the responsibility". Either he'll freak out and that's the revenge, or he'll be excited to have a kid, and then find out he's not, and that'll be the revenge.

Rod Steele

revenge is the sweeteset joy next to getting pussy (that was tupac right?) nah i think revenge is a waste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast