+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best way for a girl to get a guy...

I've lost faith in pick up of random strangers awhile back, because it rarely works. Best way to pick up is the natural, traditional way where the two of you get to know each other somewhere like the classroom and then start going out. Everything that's cheesy, corny and forced will mostly fail.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Just finished college....taking bachelor's classes online in the fall- ONLINE! Oh well- just thought an original idea might pop up here- it sucks, we're all wanting to connect, but how to do it....

Keggers generally bring a crowd together. A few kegs, barn, hay bales in a maze pattern and live entertainment usually gets the connective juices flowing. Online connects are often dodgy, it seems.

I did the supermarket approach once. As I was walking around I saw this beautiful woman in the aisle. Of course, I observed her for a while to make sure she wasn't with anyone else like a guy. She seem to be by herself so the light was green. I thought to myself I got to approach her some how so I got creative. Keep in mind that some of the women out there are very alert when it comes to scanning their surrounding using their peripheral vision. They tend to do this more than guys. We guys (some of us) clumsily turn our heads making it pretty obvious we were looking thus getting caught first. You don't want that. So what I did was pass her by checking her out up close using my peripheral skills without turning my head. I then stopped and act like I was looking for something on the shelf. To get her attention I waited for the perfect moment for her to look at me first. When she did looked at me first I then looked back to smile at her and then looked away in response. When I left the aisle I then hall ass down to the floral section and bought her a bouquet of roses to beat her to the check out line. Afterwards, I waited for her outside behind the wall waiting for her to come out. When she came out I quickly followed behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned around she seemed to be taken by surprised thrown off her guard (which is what you want) when she saw me again. I smiled and told her she forgot these (handing her the roses). She was so taken by it she kept thanking me and told me how sweet and thoughtful I was. I told her it was a token of my appreciation for her beauty. Since she had a crap load of groceries in her cart I then told her I'd be her bag boy and help. I then grabbed some of the bags for her helping to put them in to her car. She just kept telling me how sweet I was. However......she then told me at the end she had a husband. Oops!! she did give me a hug and it worked. Keep in mind not all women are the same but the risk may be worth it in the long run. Will I do it again?..it's crossed my mind.

Lulu, I may just very well be that guy who approaches you at the supermarket with those roses and help you with your bags. You didn't drop something did you? Here let me help you with that. Hi, my name is Roy
    Last edited by Roymax; 05-02-10 at 11:11 AM. Reason: edit

haha interesting, but i'd probably be afriad of startling her and getting maced in the face.

heh.. iunno, probably coming way too strong for most women. but then again, you would have to ask them not me.. maybe a single rose would be less intimidating for your strategy next time around?

I realize it may not work with all women but you won't know unless you try. Rather it be one or a dozen roses it's the thought that really counts. If she didn't want them I simply find another woman who will gladly take them with a smile. Either way it's a win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    So I've read articles, books, etc. about this- but what do you guys think is a great opportunity for a girl to meet/pick up a guy? The other way around? I think men should consider approaching women at grocery stores more often- it's a great, neutral place and there are plenty of ways to strike up a conversation. Hoping you men out there would have insight into- educate me, please!
    Just smiling at a guy you think is cute and asking him a question to start a conversation is usually enough to at least get the ball rolling. Right as he's trying to take off, or vice versa, exchange numbers.

All you have to do is smile, laugh, and talk a little. Location doesn't matter. Just go to an event that you enjoy. Mountain biking, flugtag, swimming, hockey games, skiing, dancing, whatever! The best way to meet someone is to meet them at an event that you enjoy a lot on your own. It's a great thing to base a conversation off of because you have some common ground. And on top of that, if you do get with mr. right, you'll know that he's willing to go out with you on amazing dates

*Pardon me, would you like me to check if your melons are ripe?*
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

^ excuse me..but I hear a big slap on the face coming..

1337lizard, that's an excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymax View Post
    I did the supermarket approach once. As I was walking around I saw this beautiful woman in the aisle. Of course, I observed her for a while to make sure she wasn't with anyone else like a guy. She seem to be by herself so the light was green. I thought to myself I got to approach her some how so I got creative. Keep in mind that some of the women out there are very alert when it comes to scanning their surrounding using their peripheral vision. They tend to do this more than guys. We guys (some of us) clumsily turn our heads making it pretty obvious we were looking thus getting caught first. You don't want that. So what I did was pass her by checking her out up close using my peripheral skills without turning my head. I then stopped and act like I was looking for something on the shelf. To get her attention I waited for the perfect moment for her to look at me first. When she did looked at me first I then looked back to smile at her and then looked away in response. When I left the aisle I then hall ass down to the floral section and bought her a bouquet of roses to beat her to the check out line. Afterwards, I waited for her outside behind the wall waiting for her to come out. When she came out I quickly followed behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. When she turned around she seemed to be taken by surprised thrown off her guard (which is what you want) when she saw me again. I smiled and told her she forgot these (handing her the roses). She was so taken by it she kept thanking me and told me how sweet and thoughtful I was. I told her it was a token of my appreciation for her beauty. Since she had a crap load of groceries in her cart I then told her I'd be her bag boy and help. I then grabbed some of the bags for her helping to put them in to her car. She just kept telling me how sweet I was. However......she then told me at the end she had a husband. Oops!! she did give me a hug and it worked. Keep in mind not all women are the same but the risk may be worth it in the long run. Will I do it again?..it's crossed my mind.

Lulu, I may just very well be that guy who approaches you at the supermarket with those roses and help you with your bags. You didn't drop something did you? Here let me help you with that. Hi, my name is Roy
    This whole story is sweet and heartbreaking...

We should call it the Ted Bundy approach!!!!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

^ Like I said earlier not all women are alike. She welcomed my approach and that's all that mattered to me. However, I'm a much nicer version of Ted Bundy I just want to kill her with kindness.

I went out to a friends performance recently by myself and sat next to a woman who happened to be single. I chatted with her during the down time between performances and things were clicking well. I got her number and we're fixing to go out next week.

Yeah, I have way better luck in casual meetings than I do in the bar scene. Everyone in the bar scene already knows exactly why everyone else is there (ifthey're single) - Ladies I've met while out and about tend to find it more interesting or fate-like when you just run into someone random and hit it off. Maybe that's just me and I know how to charm them enough to get their number or set up a future hang out.

If a girl hit on me? I wouldn't care where. I oculd be getting in my car, walking to starbucks, looking at a magazine in the bookstore or waiting in line for the ATM. I'm pleasant and always willing to meet new people so it's in my nature to tell someone politely that I'm actually in a bit of a hurry if the case is such, otherwise I'm happy to converse.

This may change if I get more involved with someone though however.

Oh- I didn't read that! That is cute- you tried it!!! Okay, Roy....let's turn this into an experiment: do this every day for a week- but use only one rose- not a dozen- cause this may get expensive!!- no let's do this TEN times and we'll figure out by percentage how well this works by how many dates you get or by how many women respond positively (but look at their ring finger first!-) and I am thinking you will be successful just for having the cojones to get out there and take a chance. Those were the guys that ALWAYS won me over- I would try to blow them off initially cause I am kind of bashful, but I've come to realize that bold men just do it for me! You can always come to northern Michigan to conduct this experiment! Keep me posted, okay?

Wait a second- did this just turn into "Best way for a GUY to get a GIRL???? HA!

I've personally found that starting out as friends and leaning into a relationship is the best thing to do. That way, you don't have to spend a bunch of date nights figuring one another out since you already know one another. Every guy I've ever liked was initially a friend, and oddly enough, every guy I've ever liked has liked me in return. My ex was a friend, my current guy was a friend, and all my crushes are/were friends. I kind of get creeped out by a stranger who will approach me at random in a store. Some guy did that to me a few weeks ago and tried to ask me out, but I had zero interest...mostly because I'm not single, but also because it struck me as weird that he'd approach a random stranger. I think I was feeling a little better than usual that day because I'd just gotten a haircut and I always feel great after getting a salon treatment...maybe they noticed? But how the hell pathetic does a man have to be to be picking up obese chicks in Wal-Mart?

The stalker thing only worked once...a friend I met my first semester in college said he 'watched' me for a few weeks before approaching me to say hello. Creepy at first, yeah. But we hit it off immediately as friends; that friend ended up crushing on me (and me him), but we remained only friends and are still very close friends four years later.

My humble advice is to stick to traditional means of meeting ladies, and don't rule out the possibility that you might just randomly run into someone who makes your skirt fly up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast