+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advise Please.

Advise Please.

To make a long story short, I was seeing a guy who when I first met him was supposed to be leaving in two weeks. He ended up staying for 4 months that we spent together. During that time we both got feelings for one another. Great. Anyhow, he left and before he left I found out about the ex who is not an ex anymore....nice. Even with that he still told me he loved me and all the rest of that and I figured that once he was gone I would be over it all. Apparently I was wrong, I really am into this dude and think he is just stringing me along, kind like have tha cake and eat it too. Do ya'll think all that he said was just bs? He just got out of the military and went home so the old gf and all is associated with home and I was associated with where he was. I feel stupid even asking but maybe some guy insight will make me feel less like an idiot. I never figured this was going to cause me and painful emotions.

I've never met an honest military man who I went on a date with.

Have some Pride and walk in another direction
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yeah, you were played. I'm sorry, that sounds harsh but think it through logically. He's dating his ex, you're completely unofficial with nothing to tie him down. He's back home with his gf and you're his hookup when he's around.

If you're not OK with this (and you shouldn't be) then get rid of him.