+ Follow This Topic

Thread: guys...I just realized that facebook is a devilish invention...lol

guys...I just realized that facebook is a devilish invention...lol

Just woke up with a pretty good mood not so long ago...so i went on facebook to check a link a friend of mine was suppose to send me. Anyway i dont know why...but i got tempted to enter my ex's facebook profile... Big mistake... emotions just overflew me, but in a way she seems different... I dont know if its me or its just she got older, anyhow i was actually thinking of erasing my facebook acount for a while but i figure out that I dont want to give her such a big credit, i dont want her to deprive me from stuff in life, i still got lots of friend on facebook and i so i do not really want stop talking to them as a result.
    Anyhow it was a pretty brutal experience just to see new photos of her...and when i think about it it sounds stupid ...why would a bunch of new photos invoke such a reaction in me...i mean thats just stupid we are not connected in any way...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you should "unfriend" her so you won't b tempted to look...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

She is not on my friends list...i erased her on the first day i got dumped

I just typed her name in the search bar and enterd her profile this way.... unfortunatelly..lol
    somebody tie my hands or something, or take away the batteries in my keyboard.

Facebook is not the problem. You are.

Do you like that feeling? No.
    Is it preventable? Yes.

C'mon na. Don't be a glutton for punishment.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

thats one of the "easy to say, hard to do" things

Yeah. I felt that way at one time. It's easier said than done. What changed that was when I finally got sick of feeling that way. It becomes the motivation you need to stop eating shit when you know it doesn't taste good. Ya dig?

yep, absolutely right, this "shit" has already expired, so u r right, we shouldnt eat expired shit, because afterwards
    we gonna feel bad and "shit" it out with our tears

Exactly. Trust and believe you will get tired of your ex having that power over you and you will be able to fight those temptation with ease.

I can't say I like Facebook that much..

I've been hit a few times by pictures of my ex with his new girfriend who then rapidly became his wife.

So it's horrible cos it's like you see it happening in from of you and you can't prevent it and also it's not so bad to help you move on...

Sometimes it makes you feel shit but with time passing by you learn not to look..cos what's the point?

Hopefully one day I'll have some happy pictures to post...but again I don't think I will as Facebook is not really something I like to use that much...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Happens to me too. . .

I also hate Facebook. I allowed my ex to delete me as a friend and asked him to hide his wall and tagged pictures so I wouldn't end up seeing things I know I don't want to see. But. . .we still have mutual friends and I would still end up seeing pics of him at parties *and* he put a pic of him and his new girl up as his profile pic! (which I see when he comments on friends walls.) Something he never did for me when we were together. . .
    I tried to stay off for a while but I still want to have contact with my long distance friends. For future reference I think I'm not going to be Facebook friends with any new guy I date. It can cause unnecessary jealousies. . .

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm.... do you know why FB is such a big hit?? it's because you let yourself get absorbed in all this internet crap. personally i have gone checking my ex's accounts, but when you get over her and you realize the time that you have wasted... you'll also see that this is just ridiculous.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...