+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The One That Got Away! Can I get him back?

The One That Got Away! Can I get him back?

Hey everyone. So basically, this is my situation: I am a 20 year old college student. over the summer while on a job, I met a fell in love with a guy who is also in college, but states away. We each broke up with our respective significant others for each other, but once the job was over and I returned to school, I was bullied by my abusive now-ex boyfriend into breaking it off with the guy I met over the summer who I really love(d). It was messy, and I've regretted losing this person who I really think may be right for me. I also regret allowing an abusive, desperate man (my now ex) to manipulate me into giving up what I really wanted. This was in September. Since then, this other guy has gotten in touch with me a few times, but it has been a couple months since we've spoken. I'm wondering if the ball is now in my court. I really miss him, and my feelings for him remain even though it was August when I last saw him. I would really love to get back in touch with him, not necessarily as a "hey, let's try it again" sort of thing, but I just miss talking to him, and if that eventually led to something more, that would be amazing. I think about him all the time. I know he's now back with the girl he originally broke up with for ME, the girl he always told me he knows he's not going to marry and who he knows is not really right for him. So, do I take that chance? His birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, so I was thinking of using that as an excuse to get back in touch. I'm very nervous, though. But nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose! I would love to hear your thoughts!

He probably doesn't trust you anymore. You blew him off , after the summer, and went back to your ex. What does that tell him? That you are wishy-washy and can't be a loyal GF.

I am now married to "The One That Got Away". I blew him off to marry some loser and he STILL forgave me twelve years later.

Anything is possible.
    Spammer Spanker

That is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing! If you don't mind my asking, were you the one who tried to get him back?

It was a mutual effort. He's wonderful.
    Spammer Spanker

Gotcha. I feel like I have to be the one to make the first move, which is fine because I want to, but I'm also afraid he'll reject me. Hopefully not. But I guess if that happens then it wasn't meant to be.

Noting ventured, nothing gained.
    Spammer Spanker

if you want him then you have to do everything you could to get him back. However, if i was the guy. I will NEVER trust you.

Truth be told, I would probably take my ex back if she made the first move. Same situation. She blew me off to date some other dude, it didnt work out now she's single again. She showed some interest recently, but I'm not going to be a chump for the second time and try to get he back. If she made the effort, I would give her the time of day to see whats up with her.

Gig: Its nice to hear that you got back together with your now husband. It also inspires me to think anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    It also inspires me to think anything is possible.
    Anything is only possible if the person pulls their head out of their ass first. Typically that takes a good deal of time, and I don't mean a few months here.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

express your feelings.. try to make a date with him where u first meet him or send him any gift that match the first gift.. like this.. I meant try to make him remind the old days...
    http://www.goodlightscraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Anything is only possible if the person pulls their head out of their ass first. Typically that takes a good deal of time, and I don't mean a few months here.
    Yeah my ex has hers stuffed way up there. I'm definitely not holding my breath over here. Time will tell.