+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "You are never gona be happy."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Graham, there is no shortage of professional, independent-minded women of your age. Plenty who make as much or more than you do, I'm certain.

So, what's the problem? There are plenty of newly minted female engineers, doctors, lawyers, MBA, finance/investment types (what you are also from the sounds of it) around your age of 27. While the docs, young academics and lawyers aren't due out for another couple of years, they are definitely out there to at least get to know. Is your problem that the sort of women you want don't find you interesting? That's not entirely surprising based on your posts. I'd be a bit turned off your mindset based on some of your posts.

Your problem is most likely your looks, personality or some combination of. Not your money.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Graham, there is no shortage of professional, independent-minded women of your age. Plenty who make as much or more than you do, I'm certain.

So, what's the problem? There are plenty of newly minted female engineers, doctors, lawyers, MBA, finance/investment types (what you are also from the sounds of it) around your age of 27. While the docs, young academics and lawyers aren't due out for another couple of years, they are definitely out there to at least get to know. Is your problem that the sort of women you want don't find you interesting? That's not entirely surprising based on your posts. I'd be a bit turned off your mindset based on some of your posts.

Your problem is most likely your looks, personality or some combination of. Not your money.
    Lol, Cute. Women of my age at my income bracket are rare and even more rare are attractive ones with character and personality. My Ex was one however there is a certain aptitude for that woman to be insane, mean and controlling.

If your turned off by me speaking my mind then you probably couldn't handle me and don't sound like one of those types of women.

BTW I'm gorgeous so it must be the personality thing ;P
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post

Maybe that's why you're a bitch magnet.
    Spammer Spanker

I could be wrong but that's 2nd or 3rd time you are saying how you're good looking. Good looking people never really have to say stuff like that, they just know it. There's some insecure thing about you whether you will admit it or not and it's driving women away. You put up this shield by pretending you're tough and only want the best. Change your attitude, otherwise the title of this thread might be right.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I am sure you are probably aesthetically very appealling.

But take the Cinema industry as an example. There are plenty and plenty of good looking guys who can act but who are still on the sideline trying to be noticed..

I think you might be lacking that little twinkle in the eye, that little something that make people approach you and want to stay around...

Charm and warmth.

It is very possible that the women you are after would rather go out with a taxy cab or an electrician as we tend to be drawn to street-wise guys. They are more down to earth, extremely protective and laid back.

Since the women you want have no money worries they might be just looking for 'real love' not a provider.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Well I was morbidly overweight when I was younger but in the last few years got in amazing shape. I seem to look out through that fat 18 year olds eyes still though.

IRL Im very warm and charming. People often tell me I am young though.

The women I attract don't want a street-wise laid back guy. They want a daddy with money. I've had 3 women in the last year whom i have dated specifically tell me. "I want a man like my dad. My mom never had to work or do anything."
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Maybe the problem then is with the kind of women you attract?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Was with a girl a couple weeks ago who said "You look like the kind of guy that play games with girls." In the moment and took it literally and said "I used to play Xbox with one but she got a PS3 and I never heard from her again." Totally serious... Figure out she meant head games. :-/

Last week I was hanging out/semi-date with a girl i had know for a while who told me straight off she though my problem was that I didn't make enough clear and direct movement toward women and told me when she first met me she thought I was gay because i wasn't making a pass at her or any other girl in the room and always looked her in the eye. I said thats what is the correct thing to do and she said "Yeah but it makes girls think your not interested in them, married, or think your too good for them." I was like.... What???
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Was with a girl a couple weeks ago who said "You look like the kind of guy that play games with girls." In the moment and took it literally and said "I used to play Xbox with one but she got a PS3 and I never heard from her again." Totally serious... Figure out she meant head games. :-/
    "Only Bedroom Twister, but we were fully clothed!!" would have been a better intro/comeback line... with a suave delivery.

Befriend your inner arsehole. They hate it, but it so entertains and compels them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    "Only Bedroom Twister, but we were fully clothed!!" would have been a better intro/comeback line... with a suave delivery.

Befriend your inner arsehole. They hate it, but it so entertains and compels them.
    Of course. Wares on me after a while though.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Last week I was hanging out/semi-date with a girl i had know for a while who told me straight off she though my problem was that I didn't make enough clear and direct movement toward women and told me when she first met me she thought I was gay because i wasn't making a pass at her or any other girl in the room and always looked her in the eye. I said thats what is the correct thing to do and she said "Yeah but it makes girls think your not interested in them, married, or think your too good for them." I was like.... What???
    Tell her that you're not interested in direct movement towards women, only fools rush in and you are comfortable with getting to know them first. Those who don't like that approach are not your type.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Agreed. I am noticing women just want you to chase them weather they like you or not and I don't find that enticing in the least bit...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I am so personally offended by this thread that I can't even read it anymore. Thanks, Graham. All the hardwork I put into my life after LOSING my job last year feels like NOTHING thanks to your arrogant posts. My illegitimate English degree means nothing despite how hard I worked to get through school full-time while working full-time. The fact that I work 7 days, 60-70 hours each week means nothing. Do I work in a cafe? Yes. Do I also work in a bookstore? Yes. Is the economy really shitty right now? Yes.

F*** it. F*** you.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For Lahnna:

[url=http://www.umanitoba.ca/student/counselling/WhatCanIDo/english.html]What Can I Do With An Undergraduate Degree in English - Career Resource Centre, U of Manitoba[/url]

If you lived closer, I'd hire you to help me with some writing projects.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I am so personally offended by this thread that I can't even read it anymore. Thanks, Graham. All the hardwork I put into my life after LOSING my job last year feels like NOTHING thanks to your arrogant posts. My illegitimate English degree means nothing despite how hard I worked to get through school full-time while working full-time. The fact that I work 7 days, 60-70 hours each week means nothing. Do I work in a cafe? Yes. Do I also work in a bookstore? Yes. Is the economy really shitty right now? Yes.

F*** it. F*** you.
    I don't mean to be an arsehole, but at 60-70 hours of work per week... even in a bookstore or cafe... should... translate into some serious dough, especially over the time span of securing a bachelors degree or further.

You must have a natural inclination towards the study of the English language.

Financially, it seems to be at odds with securing a profitable footing.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, by all means.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast