+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is love and how do you describe it ?

What is love and how do you describe it ?

Hello Everyone.
    According to me Love mean Faith on each other and good understanding with each other. If we are in true love with someone then we just think that he/she must be happy in any situation and we just think how can we help and support to him/her in bad situation. so that's correct definition of love. What do you think about love? or what is your definition about it?

Thanks.
    <a href="http://www.howtogetyourexbacknow.org/">get your girlfriend back</a>

At the moment, I see it as a liability and a character flaw that causes one to exercise poor judgement and exposes one's self to the distinct possibility of betrayal if the focus of that love has a deceptive nature (by habit or design).

I apologize, because this would be the second response not to help you but: all I can think of is Haddaway.

"Baby don't hurt me! No more!"

At the moment I am doubting Love big time...

but I would like to believe that it's when you meet someone you feel on the same wavelength with, someone who makes you a better person, someone who hears and understands you...

I don't think it's physical because we can fancy thousands of people in a life time, that doesn't mean we can sustain a relationship with them over...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

... caring about someone's welfare and happiness more than anything else in the world, including your own?

But I think that only the parent/child kind of love can be true (and not always, unfortunately).
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

I really have no idea, I've never been in love (I think). I've never had a mutual feeling like that with anyone. I really liked my ex bf but it wasn't love...

A relationship is about hard work and making it work, love is something more irrational. I'm not sure true love is such a good thing... It makes things so dramatic.

But hey who am I to judge something I know nothing of huh?
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

Love = pain
    Being in love is the worst feeling I know. (see my signature)

For me it is something to be avoided
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by sAsAk1 View Post
    I really have no idea, I've never been in love (I think). I've never had a mutual feeling like that with anyone. I really liked my ex bf but it wasn't love...

A relationship is about hard work and making it work, love is something more irrational. I'm not sure true love is such a good thing... It makes things so dramatic.

But hey who am I to judge something I know nothing of huh?

I'm guessing this is going to sound extremely naive, but if you've never been in love, how did you and your ex boyfriend ever got together in a relationship?
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Love is when I spill over into another person.
    Spammer Spanker

Compatability, unconditional support, faithfulness and forgiveness (not all things are forgiveable though)

It defies logic unless it goes sour.

It evolves from heated passion to companionship.
    Last edited by SealedWithAKISS; 12-02-10 at 03:07 AM.
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.

a little kid summed it up best - "Love is when you let someone have your last french fry."

Love is a representation of many things so I don't like to give it a narrow definition. I prefer more concrete concepts like understanding, care for another person, generosity for another person, etc.

Love in itself doesnt really exist. It is basically a number of emotions all combined to equal someones opinion of what it is.

The problem is everyone has a different perception. It ultimatley comes down though to companionship and meeting that someone who you wouldnt mind spending the rest of your life with. Its why many people press the panic button when they are single, get with someone who isnt really suitable yet declare it love and end up 10 years down the line wondering what the hell they are doing.

Love
    n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage or by removal of the patient from the influences under which he incurred the disorder. This disease, like caries and many other ailments, is prevalent only among civilized races living under artificial conditions; barbarous nations breathing pure air and eating simple food enjoy immunity from its ravages. It is sometimes fatal, but more frequently to the physician than to the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    I'm guessing this is going to sound extremely naive, but if you've never been in love, how did you and your ex boyfriend ever got together in a relationship?
    I told him I liked him... And then we started dating XD Yeah it was just that easy >.> we weren't together very long. it was something bound to end because I was an exchange student and I live very far away in a different country now.
    I think back about it and I think I was just really really curious about having a bf, how it would be... I called him often after I went away but I stopped calling because he never called me back. Never showed any effort for that matter.
    wow this sounds really negative, there were some good times too though, we always had fun at karaoke together

I only think I've never been in love because of the way other people describe it. I just really like someone and it doesn't go further than that. But hey I'm young, my time will come right?
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast