+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics

you've been warned NSFW (don't scroll down)

[url=http://nothingtoxic.com/media/1266014314/Olympic_Luge_Slider_Dies_in_Horrific_Crash]Olympic Luge Slider Dies in Horrific Crash - NothingToxic.com[/url]

The hockey game is tomorrow. Canada vs USA. Not sure how many of you in the US are watching but every hockey fan in Canada(and there are so many) will be into this. I can't wait!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Malysz won 2nd silver in ski jumping , yahoo Our mustache guy didn't disappointed us He's a true winner, regarding to his whole carriere. We won't have such sportman in the nearest future.
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    The hockey game is tomorrow. Canada vs USA. Not sure how many of you in the US are watching but every hockey fan in Canada(and there are so many) will be into this. I can't wait!
    Both teams are really aggressive. Its going to be a bloodbath, tho Canadian mens hasn't been as consistent as they should be. The women's teams especially, both teams have just been crushing the competition. THAT will be an amazing game, if they end up competing against each other.

Its been incredible weather here, tho. Flowers coming up and out on my deck today.

I'm in a snowboarding club and they rented out a bar to watch the Halfpipe finals, especially since a couple of the guys are friends with Shaun White. It was pretty fun, ended up seeing a couple other events but mostly got completely wasted.

To be honest, I don't really care much for the Winter Olympics, or the Summer Olympics, although there are a couple individual events I pay attention to.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Both teams are really aggressive. Its going to be a bloodbath, tho Canadian mens hasn't been as consistent as they should be. The women's teams especially, both teams have just been crushing the competition. THAT will be an amazing game, if they end up competing against each other.

Its been incredible weather here, tho. Flowers coming up and out on my deck today.
    We got a scare against Switzerland but i gotta give them credit, they really battled hard. Of course it helps when their team has many Canadians playing and their coach is Canadian as well. The way our lines are set right now, there's just not enough chemistry. US players seem to play better as a team. Some are saying that maybe losing the game won't be so bad because we could use the extra game to be better and that way get to gold. I don't know if i'd want that but we'll see what happens. In terms of the weather, i'm so jealous. It's not too bad here right now (at least it's not -30) but definitely not as nice as i'd like it to be.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Australia wins Gold!!!!!! Torah Bright, what a legend. Pretty easy on the eyes too.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Better-looking than most, though personally I hate chicks with an mean overbite.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah she has a lot of gum.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the snowboarders are f*cking amazing.... !!!

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    We got a scare against Switzerland but i gotta give them credit, they really battled hard. Of course it helps when their team has many Canadians playing and their coach is Canadian as well. The way our lines are set right now, there's just not enough chemistry. US players seem to play better as a team. Some are saying that maybe losing the game won't be so bad because we could use the extra game to be better and that way get to gold. I don't know if i'd want that but we'll see what happens. In terms of the weather, i'm so jealous. It's not too bad here right now (at least it's not -30) but definitely not as nice as i'd like it to be.
    Everyone will be watching tomorrow. Even when we kick US ass, Sweden will be a bitch against the twins and here in Vancouver too. Damn.

Everyone will be watching tomorrow. Even when we kick US ass, Sweden will be a bitch against the twins and here in Vancouver too. Damn.
    We'll wait and see But yeah, we haven't been on our game lately, apparently the focus has shifted towards ski sports, won a gold in cross-country.

edit- think it might be some ski "sprint" race, can't recall for sure.
    Last edited by Lipp; 21-02-10 at 03:41 PM.

You know even though I think the twins are very good players, i am more worried about the US team. Russians are suppose to be 1 of the favourites and they lost to Slovakia. They probably have the most skill so it just goes to show that you can't win based on skill alone. Sweden is similar that way. The US team doesn't mind getting dirty, working the corners, blocking shots and that's what worries me the most. They can beat us at our own game.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm watching it all. I'm also attending tons of free stuff concerts, 'houses' and beer gardens.

It is freaking awesome. To you all who say it sucks... yeah, I thought so too until I started going to check this shit out. So none of you all can say "it sucks" when really, you have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'm watching it all. I'm also attending tons of free stuff concerts, 'houses' and beer gardens.

It is freaking awesome. To you all who say it sucks... yeah, I thought so too until I started going to check this shit out. So none of you all can say "it sucks" when really, you have no idea.
    Glad you're having so much fun, girl. For so many, it's once in a lifetime thing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast