+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That was a messy win, yikes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I know, i thought i was going to have a heart attack near the end.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This does not give me confidence going into the next game at all. Oh well, I guess in the end we have one hockey gold already. Two would be nice, but I wouldn't want to be greedy now......not very Canadian We already have the most gold medals, we should probably share!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I know, i thought i was going to have a heart attack near the end.
    They can focus down. I'm more worried they only get tomorrow to rest. Babcock is going to give them the 'it aint over till its over' chewing out & then tell them to hit the hay for Sunday.

They were looking good in the 2nd, almost like the women's team formations which were stellar. If they can do that consistently on Sunday and Luongo is on his game, they can win. When they are On, they play better than the US.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When they're on, they're definitely the best, but they have their moments where they lose focus and then all hell breaks loose (as in, the last two minutes of the Slovak game). Let's hope their hearts AND heads are in it 100% for the whole game on Sunday.

Well i know this will sound weird but i'm hoping the game is tied and not us winning 3-1 or something. The reason is because if we are up by 2 goals, our guys will defend too much and we totally suck at it..as we showed tonight..We are much better if it's close game and puck pressure is in the other team's zone.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did read an interesting comment that ice hockey shouldn't be an Olympic sport, since its usually ends with Canada, & US beating the crap out of each other. Fun for us, its like sibling rivalry, but boring for the rest of the world.

I would *love* to be in Afghanistan with the troops watching the game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I did read an interesting comment that ice hockey shouldn't be an Olympic sport, since its usually ends with Canada, & US beating the crap out of each other. Fun for us, its like sibling rivalry, but boring for the rest of the world.

I would *love* to be in Afghanistan with the troops watching the game on Sunday.
    hahah..yeah they were saying that for the women's teams mostly..the rest of the world still needs to catch up in terms of talent.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    I'm not sure you can "kick ass" at ice dancing. Seems as preposterous as "I'm gonna f**k up this bowl of Cheerio's".
    I'd like to see you leap in the air and spin 3 times without skates. I saw these folks practice off the ice and they are amazing, like Cirque du Soleil acrobats. I'd have broken ankles a thousand times over.

One thing I wonder about, tho: why do they always jump and spin in the same direction? How about some left-legged technical work?

I only watch the womens curling, since I love to watch broads sweep.
    Okay, that was funny.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure you can "kick ass" at ice dancing. Seems as preposterous as "I'm gonna f**k up this bowl of Cheerio's".
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    hahah..yeah they were saying that for the women's teams mostly..the rest of the world still needs to catch up in terms of talent.
    I think I heard the women's team plays against guys in their practice season? No wonder they are so powerful.

I'd like to see you leap in the air and spin 3 times without skates. I saw these folks practice off the ice and they are amazing, like Cirque du Soleil acrobats. I'd have broken ankles a thousand times over.

One thing I wonder about, tho: why do they always jump and spin in the same direction? How about some left-legged technical work?
    How do they practice off the ice? Seems to me that reaching sufficient velocity and not having to use leg movement to maintain speed would be necessary to perform the tricks, as opposed to running and jumping.

Heard that the swedish curling ladies had a suspenseful yet victorious final against canada, but haven't watched a single olympic event yet so not keeping much track overall.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't see the ladies curling but it was supposedly a really good game. Canada got a respectable silver, Sweden the gold. The men's team got gold today. We are looking forward to watching Canada-US on the big jumbo screen tomorrow.

This has been the best winter olmypics ever for Canada. Maybe for the US as well? Not sure about their previous medal count, but I know Canada has never scored this many.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    How do they practice off the ice? Seems to me that reaching sufficient velocity and not having to use leg movement to maintain speed would be necessary to perform the tricks, as opposed to running and jumping.
    That's the amazing thing. They weren't catching nearly as much air as on the ice, but these gals could actually do those aerial spins from a near-standing position. Its basically a dancing routine w/this really powerful take-off for the jumps. I'm not sure which asian gal I saw, but strong legs on a light frame definitely seems an advantage.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 28-02-10 at 11:15 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had to look up "curling" on YouTube because I never heard of it before. Hysterical! I can't believe that is really a sport.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Never heard of curling? It comes from Scotland (so does golf, btw). Basically its the equivalent of bowling on ice, tho a bit more complex. Think shuffleboard for those who can stand up on ice. Goes to show how men will do just about anything to get away from the wives, no matter the climate.

Am off to watch the hockey on the big screen soon. I hope Canada can pull it together today, otherwise the US team will steamroller us. They have been ON this entire two weeks.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 01-03-10 at 01:38 AM.

Never heard of curling? It comes from Scotland (so does golf, btw). Basically its the equivalent of bowling on ice, tho a bit more complex. Think shuffleboard for those who can stand up on ice. Goes to show how men will do just about anything to get away from the wives, no matter the climate.

Am off to watch the hockey on the big screen soon. I hope Canada can pull it together today, otherwise the US team will steamroller us. They have been ON this entire two weeks.
    This will be exciting for sure. For those who wish to watch Usa vs Canada online, you can go to ctvolympics.ca website and follow the video link. It will probably be the most watched hockey game of all time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast