+ Follow This Topic

Thread: moving on

moving on

i have been posting in broken heart forum about my recent breakup, but now i am just trying to move and get on my life. Its hard to do when i don't have much friends and family, so i am staying busy with anything so i wont go crazy. My concern is that i got hurt i am afraid i will not be the same person to another. I am trying to raise my self-esteem and not blame my self for the split, but i keep thinking will i be afraid to commit again and give my self to another i am just scared will mean and put up a guard i just want to know what people think about this feeling.

moving on is hard...hang in there i am

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So don't be. Think that, all the battle will be in Your mind. It depends just on You whether you'll treat your next partner good or bad. You have to think positive, you have to think that it happens, and you or other people aren't guilty. You can't put a blame on anyone else ,but your ex. You have to let yourself be happy. Trust me, soon very soon , you'll feel better. And you'll be ready to give your heart to someone else. Healing after break up happens just in your mind, that's why positive thinking is important. You have to belive that it's going to be just better and that if others can make it, you can make it too. I did it, most of the members here did it and were happy with other people.
    I wazzzz here

That's the funny thing about bruised self-esteem, it makes us worry about things that haven't even happened yet. When I lost a six-year relationship I had the same worries as you. Not knowing and being afraid of the future made me put up walls. Unfortunately, those walls were keeping me locked in, not really keeping people out. You'll know when the time is right to be open again. Take the time you need.

Feelings are still running high for you now.

Hence the doubts and the lack of confidence in the future and the possibility that you could welcome a new relationship with the right frame of mind.

Do not worry. Time will play its part as always and you'll soon find out that you are not broken (neither is your heart) and that everything you've learnt will be extremely beneficial in your handling of the next relationship in your life.

I am on the same boat as you. Only I am a bit further down the road.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I canot give you any advice..you can only help those that are willing to help themselves.