+ Follow This Topic

Thread: After getting together again

After getting together again

So today we got back together again.
    And I was talking to my gf and she said she's scared,
    She said she's scared because she feels like the relationships gonna go back to the way it used to be. And she wants it to, but at the same time she doesnt. Idk what to do. I dont want her to give up on this She said she doesnt wanna give up and she really wants to make it work..
    What do you suggest? What can we do to work on this slowly and to make it work out?

EDIT: So I dont know if this was the right thing to do, but I feel like it was.
    My GF and I both spoke on the phone. She told me she wants this to work out more than anything in the world, and that she's scared itll just end up dying again because we're gonna just jump back into the relationship. So we both agreed that we aren't really together yet, and that we are going to take it slow and start dating eachother first. I totally agree, but I'm just scared that it'll make her want to just be friends or something.. I'm confused and dont know what to do.. :/
    Last edited by Spaz1one1; 16-02-10 at 09:31 AM.

You are doing the right thing. You have nothing to be nervous about, she came to you, and she wants this.

You are a good person, you are you, you are yourself but better since everything you went through right?

Taking it slow is fine.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Dating first is the right way to do it. Start afresh and work your way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Ok thanks. She said she's nervous as well, and she said she kind of wants it to be like a brand new thing. Like we never were together, and to start from the beginning. Cuz picking it back up just feels awkward and makes her not happy, and im not gonna lie, it feels really weird picking it back up. So we're going on a date this weekend and paintballing on Thursday and hopefully this relationship makes it far and healthy

good luck, man

It hasn't been long enough to forgive and forget things from the past. If anything starts to resurface again from the past, you need to address it immediately.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Sounds to me like she's got you when she wants you.

If you're pinning your hopes on a serious relationship with her, I'd be very careful if I were you.

Looks like it could turn into a revolving door scenario.

I'd personally be hammering in the stipulation that you could both see other people, as it's back to dating in the beginning days and you're not yet at that exclusive relationship point.

Let her know that you're not putting all your eggs in one basket.

She left you. If she wants to rejoin you, she needs to prove herself.

Don't allow her to dictate the terms of the relationship.

Be the man, regardless of whether or not you actually do date other people