+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Are Women Confusing??

Why Are Women Confusing??

Okay so me and my girlfriend (well I guess my ex now) have been going out for 5 months. We both are in high school, I am in my last year and she is a year younger then me. The majority of our friends are mutual. I am her first boyfriend and she is my second girlfriend, I have had sex, ect. in the past while she has done nothing but kiss other people. Like any other couple we have had our ups and downs. As far as I know last week was one of our up periods, she was cuddling with me, holding my hand, ect. (she is never an affectionate person and I mean never).

Then Friday came around and she acted all bitchy towards me and wouldn't even let me touch her, so I asked her what was going on. She told me she would tell me later that night, so I didn't think anything of it since I just thought she was having a bad day or something. Later that night we started to talk and she told me she wanted to break up, I was in shock. She has done this once before in our relationship except she just wanted a break and didn't actually want us to break up, we resolved things within a day because she told me that she didn't want to loose me (this was about 4-5 weeks ago).

Last Friday when she was breaking up with me, she told me that I put to much pressure on us to have sex (which I admit I have sadly done in the past). But then she started to ramble on and say how our relationship was getting to serious for high school then she said that she didn't like me in that way anymore and then she said she just didn't want to be in a relationship right now. Okay isn't this a little confusing like she says she 'doesn't' like me anymore but then she said our relationship was getting too serious, like where the hell does she stand? When she walked away she said don't call me, text me or email me.

I feel like I was falling in love with her, what should I do? I want to talk to her and tell her how I feel before I loose her forever but I am afraid that if I try to talk to her I will just push her away farther. She is gone on a ski trip right now till Thursday, and I haven't even tried to contact her since she broke up with me. I have been quite depressed since Friday and I don't even know what to do anymore. I have school tomorrow and I don't even know how the hell to act. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might not realise it because you are in the middle of it but those teenage years are the most confusing especially to girls turning into women.

Her ambivalence shows just that: 'her ambivalence'.

She is leaving childhood to experience life as a woman and having all these mixed up feelings about it.

You will learn with experience that women do not response to sex the same way as men. Our body might be ready but our emotions don't follow.

If you have somehow put pressure on her in this deparment she will back off. Our worst fear is and always will be to be used and abandoned.

So I'd say don't think too much about it. Just the beginning of your learning curve on how to behave with a gfriend...

If you want to have a productive chat with her, let some days go by first. Then let her know about your feelings but not in a dramatic way(avoid tormented I love yous please).

Just say you care for her and your feelings go beyond sex...meaning you'll be fine with it if she is not ready yet...You just want to her in your life...and you'll do whatever it takes to make her happy...

Of course you need to be prepared for a platonic relationship for as long as she needs....it's your choice...if you think you'll be happier with a sexually active girl/woman you owe it to yourself to be happy too!!!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

b/c of threads like this

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/39222-how-do-i-get-him-make-move.html[/url]

they act uninterested and play hard to get to make you work harder, but then expect us to decipher their actions to mean they are interested

don't waste your time with these types of girls. They are garbage, IMO

great piece of advice sookie6, I am going to let her have her ski trip and then we might have a talk about everything when she gets back, if we cant resolve anything then I guess I have to do the hardest thing and let her go

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She probably is feeling a little overwhelmed with the idea of having sex with you. And she should be... after all, SHE is the one who could get knocked up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

And HE would have to pay for it for the following 18 years and give up his immediate dreams if not altogether. Assuming that neither of these modern teens were to use some sort of birth control, Vashti.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    And HE would have to pay for it for the following 18 years and give up his immediate dreams if not altogether. Assuming that neither of these modern teens were to use some sort of birth control, Vashti.
    Yeah, well I assume they would try it, but based on the pregnancy statistics, they (teens) aren't all that good at it. (birth control, that is.)

Anyway, i'm not saying he should be any less worried than she is. I am saying this may be a reason she isn't interested in staying together.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-02-10 at 04:15 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Women these days have a bunch of mixed signals thrown at them. It's trendy to behave like a slut, but decent men don't want that and fashions don't help. More than half the stuff I see on racks these days are like nightclub wear, not day to day stuff. I think you should find someone who has her own offbeat life and find someone who doesn't look like they read CosmoGirl on a religious basis. As for sex, don't do it until you are SURE that she wants the same thing. If she's confused about sex, RUN or DON'T do it.

QuietLady, that's a good point about the mixed messages that women are getting from current pop culture. At a meeting at work last week, I commented that at least the immediate neighborhood around our workplace was getting better, since there didn't seem to be prostitutes working the street corners any more. A female co-worker disagreed and said, they're still there. At that point, I had to admit that I couldn't tell the difference between streetwalkers and typical teenage girls anymore, because they dress the same way.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.