+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not allowed to make contact with the opposite sex?

Not allowed to make contact with the opposite sex?

My girlfriend cheated on me 2 months ago. I told her only way I could stay in relationship is that she cant talk to any guys outside of school. She said that its not fair, said the only was she would do that is if I did the same with girls.

But it doesnt make sense that I have to be punished for her mistake. Now I have to tell any of my female friends who talk to me that we cant talk anymore?

When I tried to reconcile this situation with my girlfriend I said its not fair that I cant talk to my friends, I did nothing wrong. She immeditely snaps back with something like: " What? what girl is more important than our relationship? You dont know anything about relationships this is the only way. you like another girl dont you?" she will keep saying things like that so all of the sudden I feel like a terrible person just for bringing it up. She is so insecure.

She gave me 2 options: we both talk to guys/girls or neither of us does. But I CANT let her talk to guys because she cheated on me twice and I know it would happen again. what should I do??

She shouldn't cheat on you. But you're not being reasonable when you ask her to avoid 50% of the human race. If you can't be flexible about this point, it's time for you to break up with her.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

A relationship requires honesty, love, trust, and communication. There seems to be 2 important factors missing in your relationship: honesty and trust. If you fear she will cheat on you again, then maybe it wasn't meant to be. Better you learn from the mistakes unless you can work out your trust issues. If she's incapable of talking to other boys without cheating, then it wasn't meant to be.

How about option number three: you dump her cheating ass and find a new girlfriend.
    Spammer Spanker

Turf the slag

You're being a controlling tool, dictating rules like that. Yes, she was wrong but you trying to punish her and have this ridiculous rule that's forcing her to try and rebuild your relationship off of distrust is you just getting back at her.

She was wrong, doesn't make you right. If you can't reconcile and start rebuilding off of trust then end the relationship.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

Not once, but twice...

That's not a relationship. It's a repeating train wreck.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "you know it would happen again"

so you don't trust her. this relationship is doomed to fail.

FYI she WILL cheat on you wheather you restrict her contact with men or not. you just won't know about it. So the next time she pulls a "you don't know anything about relationships" say: "you're right I don't but I DO know how to be faithful which is more than I can say about you".

Kick that bitch to the curb