+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is a good 'friendship' gift?

what is a good 'friendship' gift?

hi,

i recently confessed my feelings towards a girl with whom i have been in 'like' for some time now. however, she said things wont work out, because our backgrounds are different and so on, and she wants us to stay as friends.

the thing is, i am not 100% sure if she means it, but i do want to remain her friend, even if i have messed things up like it is. and i want to give her a small gift to show her that i do treasure our friendship. any ideas what i can give her?

i was thinking of giving her a book, but i dont know of any meaningful title for such a situation. any suggestions?

Well a book sounds nice... but let me give you a piece of advice.
    The friendship is already ruined. I'm sorry to tell you this but ever since there are other feelings, it gets all screwed up. Things will never be the same again between you two because she already knows how you feel about her. If you stay friends then you can start to fall in love with her and that gets pretty serious and even more complicated. She starts seeing someone else and she'll tell you about it since you're "friends".. then you'll find yourself feeling bad about it and not being able to give her advices as a "Friend" you're supposed to be and that is really screwed up.

My advice? Forget about presents and gifts and move on. Stuff like this, ends up in tragedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a better idea, save your money and go find some other girls to talk to minus the friend zone ordeal. lol

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't give her a gift. She's not interested but she does care about you enough to let you down easily. Don't creep her out. Don't force her to state her intentions in plainer English. I know you're trying to be sweet, but giving a gift to a girl who says she doesn't want to date is borderline stalker behavior.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLooD View Post
    The friendship is already ruined. I'm sorry to tell you this but ever since there are other feelings, it gets all screwed up. Things will never be the same again between you two because she already knows how you feel about her.
    this is horse shit, the friendship isn't necessarily ruined. it all depends on how the "friend' will react to it. if she's cool still being friends with you then everything will be fine. however, you have to realize and respect her wishes of only remaining friends if you still want to have some sorta "friendship" relationship with her.

secondly, forget the present, if she's your friend, then she'll understand. i'm going to assume that it's not her birthday or anything special so f*ck it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...