+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl from freshman geometry class.

Girl from freshman geometry class.

So I am currently in my 4th year of college and thinking back to freshman geometry there was a very nice girl who sat in front of me who still occasionally enters my thoughts. Problem is I haven't seen her since.

I remember her name, her smile, everything-- but at the time I had a girlfriend and was not thinking of her in that way.

I looked her up on myspace-- how would I go about approaching her over the internet as it is the only way-- or is it too late and should I just accept defeat? Is it creepy to pop back in and say hello to a very minor acquaintance from 3 years ago?

The whole idea behind social networking sites, in theory is to stay connected with people. I don't think it would be creepy DEPENDING on how you go about it. A casual hello to open lines of communication wouldn't be creepy in my mind.

Myspace...........its synonymous with gay in my world! Facebook for me.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    The whole idea behind social networking sites, in theory is to stay connected with people. I don't think it would be creepy DEPENDING on how you go about it. A casual hello to open lines of communication wouldn't be creepy in my mind.

Myspace...........its synonymous with gay in my world! Facebook for me.
    Trust me-- I tried facebook first and she was not on there and she hasn't logged into her myspace since early February .

"Hey baby, in Euclidean geometry two parallel lines never touch ... let's go back to my place and study some non-Euclidean geometry."

See my main problem is the only social interaction besides the occasional good morning was giving her a piece of gum... I think I really might be out of position to even say hi-- it isn't like she even remembers me.

So she will remember you as the guy that said good morning and gave her a piece of gum. It sounds to me like you already have a good rep with her.

Its easy to stand outside staring in, its also easy to say you're bad at something you never try. There are ways to get a hold of her if you want, you just need to decide if you want to go for it or let it pass you up.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

If I would go about it I'd probably keep an eye out for any mention of her going to a party/event in the near future, and try to bump into her there instead.