I have no luck with guys. Usually tends to go wrong. I met this guy recently (just before Christmas) and everything went good. We'd sleep on the phone together, compliments were frequent and I felt more like he was chasing me. Then we kissed. I knew that would make my feelings go haywire. I was trying to keep control of them - trying not to like him until I knew the feeling was mutual but I had no such luck; once I kiss someone, it means I like them alot. He's already told me he doesn't want a girlfriend due to his past. I keep telling him, I'm not his past and that I want to be the one girl who isn't going to cheat etc...but it's like I'm trying way too hard to get him to see that.

It's more like I'm chasing him down like a police officer on a criminal. I send him cute messages, I'm nearly always the one suggesting we go out, I suggested taking/paying for something which I know he's into because it's one of his future job ideas, I compliment him frequently so he know I care for him, whenever he's angry I'm there for him to talk to and I don't nag at him....

I know the simple answer would be stop doing it then but it's not that simple because I really, really like him. I keep doing it hoping that maybe he'll be like "i miss you - let's go blah blah blah" or "i wanna see you" or "come and spend some time with me"..I don't even want to do anything besides have a laugh. You know watch a movie, have a silly playfight or just mess around, you know?

Giving up isn't an option because I don't want to lose him. I like him too much and I'm not ready to give up. But I don't know whether or not I should back off...maybe I'm expecting too much of him? Am I? I don't know. I feel like if I back off, he might think I don't care and that I'm like everyone else...

I mean we kiss when we're together and don't get me wrong, when we're together, I feel so special and I feel like I'm his girl...but I know I'm not. And when we're apart....I don't know how to explain it. I can't explain what I'm feeling...I just don't know if I should back off and if I do - then how much? What should the limits be? Do I ask him to go here, there etc...or...?

I know this must sound extremely silly but please don't comment telling me that; I genuinely need some constructive advice on how much I should tone it down?

Please & Thank you so much

X