+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Emotional disorder? unsure.

Emotional disorder? unsure.

Hi, I've posted before about a relationship issue I was having anyway I'll give you a breif sinopsis of how many exciting life has panned out with the only emotional distressing events I can think off which will have the effect I'll explain later.

Raised by a single mother;
    Father wasn't in my life from when I was younger though he's been cameo appearences through my life about 10 Im currently 21... jumped in an out when he pleased.
    Step Father use to phycially abuse my mother he got booted out when I was about 12.
    Girlfreind number one last about 3 weeks (was only 16 wasnt inlove or anything like that but was my first girlfreind) she cheated on me and left me for a freind! waheyy.
    Girlfreind number two; After number one I always said to myself I wouldnt bother with a girl again as it wasnt worth the guttering or hastle, 4 years down the line i fall for a girl now i really fell for her was with her on and off for a few months untill it come out she cheated one me with about 8 people LOL WTF?! NICE. didnt even say sorry.

During all that I use to feel some sort of emotion for people I would care alot about what people though of me and how they felt but during the corse of time it sort of vanished. If my best freind moved away I wouldnt be bothered though I've known him for 15years I couldnt care, I have 0 care for my family or anyone that is. I currently a "player" messing about with peoples feeling myself even though It's a cuntish thing to do but once I know I can have someone I loose interest (i know im a cunt and shouldnt do this but ever since GF No2 ****ed me up it sort of happened :S"

My grandfather died a few months ago when I was told I shrugged, this is what worried me why didnt i cry or feel anysort of upset? I was more concerned on going out at the weekend.

I really dont know if I have some sort of problem but I know what im doing to people and the way im treating them isnt write but I dont care....I was thinking about going the dr's or something but I dont want to be wasting there time if it's me being petty, I recently quit my job since I didnt care and it was just an effort i did.

Im not grateful for anything anymore..

Anyone have any suggestions, you can flame me since I am a cunt but if you read this you'll know I dont give a shit. Im just abit confused and dont know what to do, I do want help.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nothing you posted sounds atypical for a young person. You probably just need some time to grow up a bit. It wouldn't hurt to go see a therapist, just to sort through your issues. You future g/f or wife isn't going to want to pay the price for your disloyal exes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sort yourself out. You cannot take your past problems out on your next girlfriend/wife.

sounds like you became emotionally detached, I would see a therapist because it can get worst, I was in a psyc ward with someone tr like that a few months ago, if they say thats what it is its better to get hel. not only that but it wouldnt be fare to the next women you pursue to bring baggage from an old relationship into the mix.

Don't think of therapy as wasting somebodies time...I think therapy is helpful for many people who don't have major issues.

It helps a lot of times just to say things out loud or to somebody else and then when you hear yourself say them or run them through the filter of another person you can find where there are problems.

With that said you may have a problem with emotional attachment. You have obviously been hurt by past relationships however that does not mean you cannot love.

If you were not close to your grandfather then there would be no reason for you to cry...I didn't cry when my grandmother died and in fact competed in the county track meet the same day as her funeral...but I wasn't close to her at all...I spent time with her when I was little but as I got older I didn't know her really.

Also maybe you just haven't found a woman to love...I've met women I like but love is different, when you find that person you can't help it.

I'd advise you do go see a therapist...there is nothing wrong with it and I don't believe your problem is severe but preventative medicine never hurt anybody. And finally I advise that you let go of being afraid to be hurt...because truly whether your aware of it or not that is what is at the root of your attachment issues....you've been hurt and as you've pointed out whenever someone starts to get close now you bail...so let go and just let it happen. And I won't lie there is a solid chance you'll fall on your ass again but you have to keep trying....or quit and suck at life...your call.

Just go and talk to a therapist. They know the minds of people and an expert is what you need.

See a therapist, avoid advice from these amateur psychologists on the site.